Friday, February 27, 2009

Round 2, Quick overview

Hello,

I'll be writing a more complete blog tomorrow. Due to time constraints here's a quick overview.

1) Jasmine Murray (TMAR- will be going down). She was okay on Sara Bareilles "Love Song". I was expecting a lot more. I don't even know if she'll get a shot at the wild card. I might buy this purchase.

2) Matt Giraud (TMAR- will be going down) "Viva La Vida"- COldplay. A very disappointing performance. I don't know if I would download this if it was free, and I am a free music freak.

3) Jeanine Vailes (TMAR- at least she will be getting out of the not rated bunch) She sang Maroon 5's "This Love". She is this years winner of the cannon fodder queen, which she pointed out. It sort of came out as being sullen. I won't be buying this.

4) Nick Mitchell: (TMAR- he will be staying about the same.) For the third time he sand "And I'm Telling You I,m Not Going.", the "Dreamgirls" classic. He won't even be getting a wildcard shot, but he was funny at least. He was entertaining at least. I will buy this performance, just for the hilarity of it. I wish I would include him calling Simon "sassy pants".

5) Allison Iraheta: (TMAR- she will be soaring up) She sang Heart's Alone". This was definitely one of the best performances of the night. She comes off as weird and I don't know if I like the red hair. However the girl can sing and I love that husky tone to her voice. I think she's going far. I am definitely buying this performance.

6) Kris Allen (TMAR- he'll be moving up from not rated) The cannon fodder king did a pretty good job. He sang Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror" and I really liked his performance and his funky vibe singing it. I will probably buy this performance.

7) Megan Joy Corkrey (TMAR- she'll be going down slightly) Other than her off putting dance, I liked her performance. Her voice is so awesome, although I wasn't overwhelmed by the song choice. Love her voice but I'm so over this song.

8) Matt Breitzke (TMAR- he will probably be dropping a bit) He sang Tonic's "If You Could Only See". I like his tone of voice, like his look and thought he did pretty well. I also loved the rocking arrangement of that song. Due to the rocking arrangement I would probably buy this song.

9) Jesse Langseth (TMAR- she'll probably be staying about the same). I thought she chose a pretty good song, Kim Carnes sort of has the same kind of singing voice. 50/50 on buying this performance.

10) Kai Kalamma (TMAR- he'll be going up slightly) He sang David Ruffin's "What Becomes of The Broken Hearted?". I was surprised by his performance. He has been one of my least favorite candidates so far, but he sounded pretty good Wednesday. 50/50 on buying this purchase

11) Mishavonna Henson (TMAR- she will be going up probably a bit maybe) She sang Train's "Drop of Jupiter" I love her voice and thought she was pretty good.

12) Adam Lambert (TMAR- I'm still not sold on him.)He sang the Rolling Stones "Satisfaction". He's in the final spot of the night, also known as the pimp spot. He's definitely confident and one can see his theatrical background in his performance. I thought he was okay

Allison, Kris and Adam advanced to the Top 12. Mishavonna, Megan and maybe Jasmine and Jesse should be given wild card slots.

I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Favorites