Friday, July 24, 2009

Melinda Doolittle

Hello,

There is more music coming out from Melinda Doolittle. This comes directly from the Melinda Doolittle Newsletter e-mail I get occasionally. "The soulful and moving song "It's Your Love" gets reworked by some of the hottest remixers/DJs in the world, including Jason Nevins, Mike Rizzo, and Smashmode, to create a pulsating rendition of the song that will be sure to get everyone out of their seats. The EP features three club versions of each track, as well as two radio remixes and a free bonus copy of the original music video for the song".

I haven't yet bought this CD and probably won't for the foreseeable future because we are so poor. I listened to it and wasn't overwhelmed by it. However if we had the money it would be one of the about 15 CDs I would buy. She is one of my favorite singers of her season of "American Idol". She has that great big strong voice, I love her version of Bon Jovi's "It's My Life". I couldn't even remember who won that season until 12 hours later. I then remembered it was Jordin Sparks, who I also like. Sparks' new song "Battlefield" is a pretty cool song. Second place that year was Blake Lewis, who mercifully faded away.

A couple of days ago I watched "Johnny Dangerously" with a couple of my kids. I had forgotten how funny that movie is. This is an 80's movie that actually holds up. If you get a chance, check it out. It's one of the under appreciated movies of the 80's. There are so many things going on that you are going to miss something. They remind me a lot of the hilarious 80's "Airplane" movies.

I mentioned Spin magazine the other day and their feature about The 100 Greatest Bands You've (probably) Never Heard. That was a pretty cool feature but I have to call their cover band into question. Wilco, really? They are easily one of this decades most over rated bands along with The Fray and Coldplay.

Songs rockin' my life: 1) "These Days"- Rascal Flatts. That's such a great song. 2) "Funky Town"- Lipps Inc. Definitely one of the most unique and yet danceable songs ever. 3) "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)"- Michael Jackson 4) "I Want Candy"- Bow Wow Wow 5) "1492"- Counting Crows. Probably the best song from their latest CD.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites