Friday, July 3, 2009

Random news

Good day!,

The Michael Jackson magazine cover explosion has begun. As I had predicted, of course it wasn't a very difficult prediction, Michael Jackson is the cover subject of the next Rolling Stone. I believe they actually moved up their next issue a week early to get this special issue out as soon as possible. Of course this is just the beginning. The end of Jackson's life is just the start of what's going to be a sordid story unfortunately. Entertainment Weekly has four different covers in honor of Michael Jackson. Expect to see him on the cover of many magazines throughout this summer. Please whatever you do, don't be a hater. I have "Moon Walk" on hold at the local library, it's a Michael Jackson biography. I look forward to trying to understand the things that made the man tick. Jackson was a very fragile, childlike person.

As you can tell I'm a big fan of Michael Jackson. He's not the only performer I'm going to be sad when they die. When any of the three remaining living members of Led Zeppelin die, be prepared to face a deluge of sentiment from this blog. There will also be several blogs when certain other artists die. When Madonna dies, which hopefully won't be for a very long time, this blog will turn into a vigil. Like Michael Jackson she's one of my favorite musicians. I will also be sad when Billy Joel, and many others die.

Speaking of 80's classics the other day I bought the "We Are The World" MP3 single. Today I bought Baltimora's "Tarzan Boy" at amazon.com for only 89C. That's one of the hidden gems from the 80's. I would recommend you pick up both of those excellent songs.

I was able to watch episodes 4-6 of "Mad Men" season 1 a couple of days ago. That's such a great show and I wished I had the additional episodes so I could continue watching them. My lovely wife and I also watched the Woody Allen film "Vicki Christina Barcelona". That's an okay movie, however Javier Bardem is an amazing actor. He played a psychopathic killer in "No Country For Old Men" and was chillingly effective. He plays a Romeo like character in this movie and was also outstanding. He plays both roles with such amazing ability. I never really thought about Javier Bardem a lot before, but the man is an amazing actor.

Have a great 4th of July for me, unfortunately I'll be working that day. I did get a bonus day off though- today! themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites