Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quick blog

Hello,

Just a quick blog today. I was bored the other day and I went to Comcast On Demand to find something to cure my boredom. What I found instead was the terrible 1992 "Dracula" movie starring Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder. Do not watch this movie, it's terrible. I could only watch the first 20 minutes before I turned it off. Keanu Reeves attempts to play an English lawyer, he was completely unconvincing in that role. My wife and daughter had went and got a video. They picked up "Inkheart" from a local Red Box outlet. That was not much better, at least I did watch all of that movie. It is very slow moving, boring and I never cared about the characters. Those are two movies to be avoided at all costs.

I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly, Time, Newsweek and Rolling Stone and all four magazines produced commemorative editions about Michael Jackson. EW is the only magazine that sent that edition to its regular subscribers. I hate that as to me if you subscribe to a magazine you should get every issue that magazine publishes. Thank you EW for being the only one of these four magazines who sent the special MJ issue to all its subscribers.

Songs rockin' my iPod: 1) "Don't Let Go"- Pacha Massive 2) "These Days"- Rascal Flatts 3) "Reelin' In The Years"- Steely Dan A band that doesn't get much publicity now but has several great songs. 4) "Me Plus One"- Annie 5) "Battlefield"- Jordin Sparks It is good to see Sparks still around and I'm hoping for many more hits for her in the future. 6) "Bathwater"- No Doubt 7) "Radio Song"- R.E.M. and KRS-One 8) "Time To Say Goodbye"- Sarah Brightman One of the best female singers of all-time. She has a powerful, beautiful voice. 9) "Every Rose Has Its Thorn"- Poison One of the best songs from the best decade for music. 10) "Mixed Emotions"- Rolling Stones A song that anyone in a relationship can relate to. 11) "Mayday"- People In Planes 12) "Hallelujah"- Paramore 13 and 14) "Billie Jean" and "Black or White"- Michael Jackson. In my opinion those are Michael Jackson's two best songs. 15) "The Boys of Summer"- Don Henley "The Heart of the Matter" is another great Henley song. 16) "Since I've Been Loving You"- Led Zeppelin 17) "Burning Down the House"- Talking Heads. One of the most innovative songs of all-time. 18) "Brass In Pocket"- The Pretenders 19) "Sugarfoot"- Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears 20) "Rebel Yell"- Dope.

Good luck tomorrow Peter on Jeopardy.

I'll be back Tuesday, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites