Saturday, July 18, 2009

Random Notes Again

Hello,

Right now I'm in the middle of working 5 days straight at Verizon Wireless. Due to that my time is very limited so my blog activity is going to be low.

I realize you're probably getting sick of news about Michael Jackson. However I keep on finding interesting news about him as his legacy continues to grow. The following is for the the week ending July 12th, 2009. First of all Jackson continues selling a lot of Cds, last week he sold 1.1 million CDs. (Jackson has sold 2.3 million CDs since his too early demise on June 25th.) Jackson's CD "Number 1's" is the top selling CD in the nation for the third straight week. (All this chart information is from billboard.com.) Even though this CD has sold the most CDs in the nation for the last three weeks, it has not been #1 on the Billboard Top 200 CD chart. In a very nonsensical ruling, if a CD has been out for over 18 months it's considered a catalog CD. That means it's able to be on the catalog chart but not on the Top 200 chart. Even though it has sold the most CDs last week, its not eligible for the Top 200 chart. I think that's stupid. The only condition to be on the Top 200 chart should be which CD sells most. The Top 12 Catalog CDs are all Michael Jackson related CDs. (Thanks to Billboard.)

I received some surprising news from amazon.com last night. The book I ordered from them about Michael Jackson has shipped. I'm only telling you this because the book isn't due to be released until August 5th. I'll be getting it two weeks before it's official release date. I'll be getting it in a few days. Again the title of the book is "The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story 1958-2009". I'm looking forward to reading this book, it has 768 pages. I'm hoping its a lot more in depth and hard hitting than Jackson's autobiography "Moon Walk".

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 R.I.P.

Awhile earlier I had mentioned that the BYU head basketball coach Dave Rose was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. (For the record, I'm a big BYU fan.) Three weeks ago he announced he was free of the pancreatic cancer and now his cancer is in remission. He's healthy enough to make his first recruiting trip of the summer and should be healthy enough to coach the team this season. All the cancer has been removed and for now his prognosis is good.

Cancer is a insidious disease, it has killed a friend of mine at the too young age of 27. My mother-in-law is currently fighting a courageous battle with colon cancer right now. Perhaps if you have some extra money you can donate some money to cancer research. If cancer has not touched a friend or a family member of yours it will soon.

The following is probably just my fevered imagination, but has anyone else noticed the London/ 80's musician disastrous connection? First of all Michael Jackson was going to perform 50 concerts in London this July. Unfortunately on June 25th he passed away. Next Madonna opened her current Sticky and Sweet tour in London, including a tribute to Michael Jackson. The stage that was being constructed in Marseilles, France had issues. "Workers were building the stage for Madonna’s July 19th Sticky & Sweet show when a crane gave way, causing a crush of rubble that claimed the lives of Charles Criscenzo of France and Charles Prow, from England. The concert, which would have been attended by 40,000, has been canceled...."

Because of that I'm fearful for Whitney Houston's safety. She was in London a couple of days ago debuting 9 songs from her new CD "I Look To You". These tracks aren't complete as of yet, but after the 9 songs were played the CD received a standing ovation from obviously a very pro Whitney crowd. Some of the songs have leaked online, where they are getting a mixed review. May I say the 45 year old Whitney Houston is looking absolutely gorgeous still. (Thanks to the dailymail.com.) The new CD is due September 1st. To hear new music and see the new video, go to whitneyhouston.com. You do have to register. Welcome back Whitney! Please stay safe Whitney.



I apologize I made an incorrect statement about when Pearl Jam's new CD will be released. I originally stated it was November 20th, actually its going to be released on September 20th. The name of the CD is "Backspacer" and it features 11 songs. The first single is "The Fixer". For more information go to pearljam.com. That's where you can preorder the CD or you can pick it up exclusively at Target on it's release date.

I should be back with a short blog tomorrow and a much longer blog on Tuesday. Have a great weekend, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites