Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pearl Jam, "Mad Men" and "Butterflies"

Hello,

Today's live Pearl Jam bootleg is from New Orleans on August 14th, 2000. This is a pretty good set. They sing one of my favorite of their songs, "Crazy Mary". A song that I don't think gets enough respect or love. That's such a great song. Near the end of their set they play "Jeremy", "Crazy Mary", "Black" and "Porch". My Pearl Jam dream setlist is almost finished. I have 28 songs selected for it. I will be writing that list as soon as I'm finished with it.

Speaking of Pearl Jam, for a limited time you can get their new video for "The Fixer" free. It's an alright song and video. iTunes also has a 10 minute "film" in which Eddie Vedder and other band members talk about the making of "Backspacer". Four weeks from yesterday that CD will be available through Target and iTunes.

Speaking of upcoming releases, less than a week until the new Whitney Houston CD comes out. That CD, "I Look To You" comes out on Monday, August 31st. That's very rare for a CD to come out on a day other than Tuesday. Thanks to my friends at Rhapsody.com I've been able to listen to two songs from that CD. Those songs are "Million Dollar Bill". That's a pretty good song, it reminds me a lot of early Whitney Houston music. That's a big compliment. I also listened to "I Look To You". It's a good enough ballad, but not as great as "Saving All My Love For You". Now that's a ballad.

Madonna also has a double CD set coming out at the end of September. It's a greatest hits package and the CD's title is "Celebration". I looked at the track list, straight from madonna.com, and it features mostly music from the early part of her career through her peak. That's otherwise known as the best part of her career. Although if you don't have most of these songs so far, how big of a fan are you?

Updates: I'm still a big fan of "Battlestar Galactica" but we are struggling financially. I haven't been able to afford getting the videos to watch. I will finish watching all five seasons someday. I'm interested to find out who the other Cylons are and how the story ends.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about cost with books, thank goodness for the local library. I continue reading "In The Time of Butterflies". What a great book, who ever knew that the stories and history of the Dominican Republic could be so fascinating? I'll probably finish this book tonight and hopefully the library will have "The Feast Of The Goat" in by tomorrow. I'd like to start reading it then. That book is historical fiction about the assassination of the failed cattle thief, El Jefe or Trujillo. He would have to be on the Top 10 list for people most deserving of assassination.

I was also a little disappointed by Season 3, Episode 2 of "Mad Men" last night. It was not the best episode ever, it was almost boring. Of course these early episodes are setting up for the later episodes. Don Draper is still the man and Pete Campbell is still the wienie. I'm surprised we still haven't seen Duck yet, it would be too good if he didn't come back. Also I'm looking forward to some fireworks with the British company that owns Sterling Cooper.

I won't even talk about the pathetic Dodgers, other than they need someone in that clubhouse to kick some butts. Thank goodness Boston won, they keep a 1.5 game lead over Texas in the AL Wildcard.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites