Monday, August 10, 2009

"Mad Men" returns, etc.

Hello,

One week ago from last night Season Three of "Mad Men" finally debuts. I'm looking very forward to returning to Don Draper's world. What is going to happen to the "Mad Men" after the Cuban Missile Crisis? Another world I'm enjoying now, believe it or not, is Paterson, New Jersey. That is one of the two settings of the great Pulitzer Prize winning novel, "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao". What a great and hilarious book. I might even have read this whole book.

My drive music yesterday was Nelly Furtado's "Whoa Nelly", that's such a great CD. It features such great songs as "Baby Girl", "... on the Radio" (Remember The Days), "Party" and "My Love Grows Deeper Every Day". In her young career she has produced 3 solid CDs of music so far. I'm looking forward to her next CD.

Tomorrow I will be watching most if not the rest of Season One of "Battlestar Galactica". I'm really loving this show. Coming soon my reviews and excitement for this show.

Wanted: A excellent rock vocalist. We are looking for the right singer this time, "no compromises". We would like you to keep your vices to a minimum, must be able to perform your job most of the time. Singers with "lead singer syndrome" need not apply. People need Axl need not apply. Thanks, Velvet Revolver (for those who are too literal minded, I actually wrote that.)

Yes, Velvet Revolver is still looking for a lead singer, I think it's about time they give up and either break up or reunite the complete original Guns N' Roses line up. Preferably the second choice.

Songs rockin' my life: 1) "Take On Me"- a-ha The video for that song is one of the Top Ten videos ever. 2) "Hot Dog"- Detroit Cobras 3) "Nothing Man" off his excellent post 9/11 CD "The Rising" 4) "Who Is It"- Michael Jackson 5) "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want"- The Smiths This is from one of my top all-time soundtracks, "Pretty In Pink". 6) "Crazy On You"- Heart 7) "Eve, The Apple of My Eye"- Bell X1 8)
"Obsession"- Animotion 9) "Let's Go Crazy"- Prince 10) "Heal The World"- Michael Jackson The man made a lot of great music in the 90's, it just didn't get the same acclaim as his 80's work. I wonder if any of his unreleased music is any good. Purportedly he was working on two CDs at the time of his death. 11) "The Warrior"- Scandal 12) "Devil Don't Remember My Name"- Star Anna 13) "Driver 8"- R.E.M. 14) "Take Me Out"- Franz Ferdinand (currently opening for Green Day on their latest tour.) 15) "Take Me As I Am"- Sugarland

Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites