Saturday, August 29, 2009

I love college football, etc.

Hello,

One week from today BYU starts their season playing a very powerful Oklahoma Sooner team. I have the day off and am so looking forward to it. I don't expect BYU to win but I look forward to watching the Cougars play. Another one of my favorite teams is USC, they also start a week from today. They are going to be having a true freshman as their starting quarterback. That will be interesting to see how that works out. Their first game is also a week from today, when they crush San Jose St. Then they go on the road to play a should be powerful Ohio St. team.

I'll probably finish "In The Time of the Butterflies" today. It's a very sad story about how three valiant sisters were killed by a vengeful dictator. I already have my next Dominican Republic book checked out, I picked it up from the library yesterday. It's "Feast of the Goat" by Mario Vargas Llosa. The goat is a reference to the mentioned above dictator. After finishing reading "Goat", I possibly will start reading Marquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude". A book I've started many times, but have never finished. I'm haunted by the book's first line, "Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendia was to remember the distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice." I probably would be haunted by that statement many more times if I understood the full context. I actually now want to start reading "Solitude".

I also continue working on my top soundtracks of all-time list. If you have any suggestions please pass them on to me. If you are interested the free MP3 of the day at Rhapsody.com is George Strait's "Living For The Night". It'll be available until Monday sometime. There is no obligation to get these free MP3's other than registering for Rhapsody.com. There is no cost for that. Hey just like this blog!

I should be back Monday, have a great weekend. themusicaddict

P.S. Thanks Dodgers for winning two of three against Colorado. Both LA and Boston still have a very good chance of making this season's playoffs.

No comments:

Favorites