Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"American Idol" Season 9 prep

Hello,

Simon Cowell is apparently about to sign a contract that will keep him with "American Idol" for 3 more years. He's in the last year of his current contract. I'd be very surprised that it lasts three more years. In fact I wish they would just make this the last season. The quality of this show is dropping considerably. The four judge panel did not work last year, but the producers insist on continuing it this season. With Paula not coming back, they are looking for a permanent replacement starting when the live shows start. Meanwhile guest judges will include Victoria Beckham and Katy Perry.

The quality of last season's Final Four was extremely limited. Kris Allen and Danny Gokey finishing first and third? That's a definite sign that this show has jumped the shark. I think Adam Lambert will be a star briefly, but then flame out. (No pun intended.) I think the one that has the best chance of being a superstar is Allison Iraheta. In today's fickle music environment who knows how long even she will last. Being a great vocalist unfortunately does not guarantee a long career. (See Oleta Adams, Sarah Brightman etc.) It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to end it.

amazon.com has an amazing 49 free songs available this week, including a song by new country music superstar Jamey Johnson. I usually get all the free songs I can. A lot of them suck, but a lot of them turn out to be pretty good. Obviously you can't beat the price. I was at my local grocery store (Smiths) and they are currently running a promotion. The deal is buy a $25 iTunes gift card and you'll get 5 free song credits. I don't know all the requirements but you better hurry as it ends August 15th.

Congratulations to "Dreamgirls" Oscar winner and all-around fantastic singer Jennifer Hudson. She gave birth to a little boy this morning. I hope this helps her overcome the recent trauma in her life. The baby's name is David Daniel Ortunga Jr.

Also Cobra Starship's new CD, "Hot Mess" comes out today. I listened to the CD today. I listened to it this afternoon. You can listen to their new CD without a membership on Rhapsody right now. "Nice Guys Finish Last" is a great song. Another great track is "Good Girls Go Bad", no it's not a cover of the Rihanna song. I definitely would reccomend this CD. It has a lot of catchy, danceable songs on it. They seem like a very intriguing band. I registered for a month of Rhapsody with mycokerewards.com points today. I can't afford to buy new music, this way I can at least listen to it.

Songs rockin' my life: 1) "No More Words"- Berlin 2) "Stranger"- Jefferson Starship 3) "Decatur, Or, Round of Applause For Your Stepmother!- Surfjan Stevens 4) "The Happiest Days of Our Lives"- Pink Floyd 5) "Hand to Hold On To"- John Mellencamp 6) "Life Is A Lemon and I Want My Money Back"- Meat Loaf 7) "Jane"- Jefferson Starship 8) "Little Red Light"- Fountains of Wayne 9) "Rock of Ages"- Def Leppard (What do you want? I want rock and roll.) 10) "Love Me Tomorrow"- Chicago 11) "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (Live)- Green Day 12) "Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks"- Panic! At The Disco 13) "There Will Be Sad Songs"- Billy Ocean 14) "Goodbye Earl"- The Dixie Chicks 15) "I Could Not Ask For More"- Sara Evans 16) "In The End"- Linkin Park.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites