Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ticketmaster Sucks!

Hello,

The following is the list of charges to see Pearl Jam in concert:

RESERVED LOWER LEVEL SEATING RESERVED SEATING FULL VIEW
Charge Summary
Item Charge
Pearl Jam
Full Price Ticket US $62.00 x 2
Facility Charge US $3.00 x 2
Convenience Charge US $11.60 x 2


Delivery (Standard Mail) No Charge (Thanks for that small concession.)
Order Processing Fee US $5.10

Tickets are a reasonable price, $62.00 is not a bad price for the second greatest band of all-time. (Thanks Mom!) But then look at the add on fees. $6.00 more for a "facility charge", whatever that is. Then a convenience charge of $23.20 for both tickets which is anything but convenient. The convenience charge can also be called the Ticketmaster is greedy fee. Next is the order processing fee, also known as Ticketmaster is greedy. Although they call it something else. The tickets that use to be $62.00 all of a sudden are now $78.00 each. That's still a reasonable price but just charge me $78 straight up without the extraneous BS. This is why monopolies suck! Then after all that it costs $10 to park at the E Center, where the concert is being held. This is why concert ticket sales are going down!

Even though there is a lot of crap to go through, the reason you do it so you can see your favorite bands rock. I'm quite excited about seeing Pearl Jam in concert, I've only seen them one other time. That was either in 1994 or 1996. They were pretty good then and I'm expecting a brilliant show and we have great tickets. I am so pumped. Opening the concert will be Ben Harper and Relentless 7. I'm listening to their music on Rhapsody right now and their music is okay. I'm wondering "Why Must You Always Dress In Black?" That's a pretty good song.

My drive music yesterday was Pearl Jam's "Vs." it didn't hold up as well as I expected it to. It's still a kick butt record though, at least 10 of the songs are classics. Of the lesser known songs on that CD, I think my favorite song is "Leash". That song rocks and it's a good song to get aggression out. (By the way you can buy "Vs." for as low as .69c used at amazon.com. There are also shipping charges of course. A lot better deal than Ticketmaster.) That is going to be my drive music today as well.

Rhapsody.com has a free MP3 of the day. The last three days those free MP3's have been by Depeche Mode, Beastie Boys with Nas and Muse. Pretty respectable for free MP's. I've had issues downloading the last two songs but Rhapsody has been very timely in helping me.

Over the last couple days I've listened to 5 CD's via Rhapsody.
1) "Leave This Town"- Daughtry This is a very good CD, this really needs to be part of your collection. He has evolved along ways from "American Idol".
2) "The Fame"- Lady Gaga This CD has a lot of good songs on it, although there is some filler on it as well.
3) "Years of Refusal"- Morrissey Another solid CD by our man Moz. He made some incredible music with the Smiths and he also has made some incredible music as a solo artist. I highly recommend his live CD as well, "Live at Earl's Court".
4) "Live at 330 Studios"- Jamey Johnson The man has received a lot of praise for his music, but this set of songs does not live up to the hype. In fact, it's a major disappointment.
5) Today I have listened to Ben Harper and Relentless 7's "White Lies For Dark Times". As I mentioned it's okay. It has some good songs on it but more lame songs than good songs. I will have to admit that it's growing on me. The only reason I'm listening to this CD is that they are opening for Pearl Jam. I like to be as familiar as possible with a band's music when I'm going to be seeing them in concert.

I will be back Monday with more about Pearl Jam and Rhapsody, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites