Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, etc.

Hello,

Welcome to my 300th blog!

In just a little over a month from today I'll be going to see Pearl Jam with my brother. I'm very excited about it. This has been a long waited time to see them in concert again for me. I've been working on my list of my Pearl Jam dream setlist. So far I have 19 songs on it. I'm going to keep on working because they usually play 22 to 25 songs per show. In a recent show at London's 02 arena, they performed 28 songs. Included in that set is lesser known or under appreciated songs such as "Love Reign O'er Me", "Corduroy", "Porch" and "Do The Evolution". Pearl Jam next performs Sunday night in Chicago, one of the places Eddie Vedder grew up in. I will write my dream setlist here when it's complete.

Some other quick news 'n' notes. One of my favorite singers of the last several years is Avril Lavigne. She's now in the recording studio working on her fourth CD. She says this one is going to be more introspective, her vocals really shine through on some of the songs. No word yet on a release date. (Thanks Rolling Stone.) ew.com has a recent update of the "American Idols" tour hosted by Michael Slezak. These include catching up with Kris Allen (yawn!), Megan Joy (man, she's hot) and Danny Gokey. (please go away.) I have to admit the only reason I'm writing this is I'm so sick of Gokey. Please go away!! Gokey just does not have the charisma to be a star, there is absolutely nothing about him interesting in anyway. I can't decide who is more yawn inducing, him, Kris Allen or David Archuleta.

Also a couple of quick reviews of recent CDs I've been listening to as I have been driving to work. I listened to Nelly Furtado's first CD a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it. So with great anticipation I listened to her second CD, "Folklore" and was very disappointed. This CD has a few good songs on it, however this CD is at best average.

I also listened to Pink Floyd's "The Wall". This is a classic CD but I don't think it is fully deserving of that reputation. Although this CD has some of the greatest hits of the greatest hits of Pink Floyd. Any CD that has "Run Like Hell", "Another Brick In The Wall" (which has one of my favorite guitar solos of all-time), "Comfortably Numb", "Hey You" and "Young Lust" can't be all bad. It's a pretty solid double CD, but doesn't quite deserve it's classic status.

I should be back Monday, themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

Dude you are high on crack. The Wall absolutely deserves its classic status; it is an amazing disk. I throw it on whenever i am feeling down and some how it makes me feel better.

Favorites