Monday, August 31, 2009

Whitney Houston "I Look To You"

Hello,

Whitney Houston's new CD was released today. Thanks to my friends at Rhapsody, I'm now listening to it for my second time. I know what you are wondering, is it a return to Whitney's mid-80's heyday. No, not even close. Is it a good enough CD, yes. Is it worth buying, that's a toss up. It does have some good songs on it. The two best songs on this CD are "Million Dollar Bill" and "Worth It". ("I know somebody is going to make love to this song tonight".)

What is missing on this CD? I'll tell you, some good old fashioned Whitney Houston butt kicking, up tempo songs. Where are the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", "How Will I Know" or any of those classic Whitney uptempo songs? Other than "Million Dollar Bill", they aren't on this CD. I didn't expect her best CD ever, but I did expect this CD to be better. Of course I will probably buy it when I get money.

Pearl Jam update: I got my tickets to their Salt Lake concert yesterday. I'm so excited about seeing them live. I have listened to a lot of their bootlegs, I'm getting a bit tired of those now. It seems some nights Pearl Jam is just on a roll and kicks butt. Other nights they seem to be disinterested.

Carrie Underwood's new CD comes out on November 3rd. It's called "Play On". I look forward to the new CD from the premiere female country singer going today. A woman who also happens to be an amazing looking woman.

Thanks to Rhapsody, I listened to the new Creed song: "Overcome". It's a very good song. It's their first new song in 7 years. I know many people don't like Creed, or at least they say they don't like them. When I went to see Creed in concert a few years ago, the stadium was nearly full. Now who knows if their next CD will be any good. Besides Scott Stapp, the members of Creed formed with Myles Kennedy, to form Alter Bridge. Does that mean that Kennedy is working with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones to go on the road in some form of Led Zeppelin? (Kennedy refers to the time working with members of Led Zeppelin as "sacred".) No, Kennedy is working on the next Alter Bridge CD. Here's a link if you want to read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=398863741&blogId=505099651 In this interview he talks about playing with the boys from Led Zeppelin and working on the third Alter Bridge CD. Yes, Alter Bridge is going to continue as a band. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm going to have to check them out on Rhapsody.

Currently John Paul Jones is a member of Them Crooked Vultures, a brand new super group. The other members are Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and Dave Grohl of Nirvana and The Foo Fighters. Apparently they turned down Lollapalooza to play their first show at the Metro on August 10th. The Metro is a Chicago area club that holds about 1100 people. For a review of that concert go here:
http://blogs.suntimes.com/derogatis/2009/08/them_crooked_vultures_at_metro.html. So far Rhapsody has no music for this band, nor does amazon.com have any information about any upcoming CDs. Come on Rhapsody get Them Crooked Vultures music!

Have a great day, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites