Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pearl Jam -2 days

Hello,

Yesterday I was listening to the 2003 Pearl Jam concert in Osaka, Japan. Pearl Jam had just finished playing "Wishlist" (one of their best songs) when they launched into a 5 minute "Improv". They played some lame, extended jam that meandered for a few minutes and finally mercifully died. Please Pearl Jam no improvs in Utah. I know it's boring to play the same song night after night over several years, but those jams usually suck the energy out of a concert. Speaking of boring I take 50 calls a day, call after call with very little if any break in between. I survive it so I know you can too. Just a request from your #1 fan in Utah.

RHAPSODY ONLY TWO DAYS UNTIL THE BIG CONCERT, WHERE IS "BACKSPACER"? STEP UP TO THE PLATE!

Although Rhapsody I do appreciate you having the Pearl Jam bootlegs available. I'm able to listen to some songs they are playing in recent shows and getting familiar with them. I was able to listen to "All Night", a song they played on September 22nd. That's a pretty cool song. Last night's set list from Vancouver was much better than the second Key Area show. They played many should be played every concert classics. Those songs include: "MFC", "Even Flow", "Rearviewmirror", and "Alive". They even played the infrequently played "Love Reign O'er Me", "State of Love and Trust", "Alive" and "Betterman" including a "Save It For Later" tag. They also played "Last Kiss". Judging by it's infrequency being played in live shows, it seems they had disowned that song. There's a part in that song where it mellows out and drums come in and it sounds really cool. It's about the 2:40 mark, but it sounds a lot cooler in my car with the speakers blasting than from my computer.

Pearl Jam plays in Portland tonight, and then their next show is in Salt Lake! Whoo hoo! Please please please play "Elderly Woman", "Even Flow","Crazy Mary", "Rockin' In The Free World" and "Big Wave". "Big Wave" is a song I've never heard before today but it's a pretty cool song. It's on their June 27th, 2008 Hartford, Conn. bootleg. That was another night they played a bunch of quality rarities.

There are some intriguing college football games today. 3-0 CSU goes into Provo to play #19 BYU. I'm hoping BYU will learn from last week's lessons and thump the Rams. I also cheer for teams that BYU played or will play. Oklahoma has a bye today and Florida St. is getting stomped by South Florida. South Florida? I'm not really cheering for Tulane, they are a lost cause. They will be lucky to win a game this season at all.

Louisville travels to play the now unranked Utes. Hopefully Terrance Cain learns from his mistakes of last week and the Utes can squeeze out a victory. Pray for the Cougars, I'm speaking of Washington State. They are going into USC to play a very motivated USC team who has something to prove. They also have their stud freshman quarterback back. If USC is not up by 5 touchdowns at halftime I would be very surprised. Of course I have not been very good with my football predictions so far this year.

Initially I did not give positive reviews to Whitney Houston's "I Look To You" or U2's "No Line On The Horizon". I have listened to both again and have changed my mind a bit. Both of them are starting to grow on me. I have a hard time resisting the charms of Whitney Houston's magnificent voice. Houston's CD has such great songs as "Million Dollar Bill", "Nuthin' But Love" and "I Didn't Know My Own Strength". I'm starting to think both are very good CDs, certainly not their best though.

Have a great day, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites