Monday, September 28, 2009

Merry Pearl Jam Day!

Hello,

Welcome to Salt Lake Jeff, Boom, Stone, Mike, Matt, Eddie and all your support crew. Thanks for coming and please kick some butt tonight!

Today is the day that I've been counting down for the last several weeks. PEARL JAM!!!! I lost my tickets. Thanks to the E Center Box Office, Ticketmaster and my Madre for helping me be able to still go.

I'm listening to the opening band's new CD. That band is Ben Harper and Relentless 7. The name of the CD is "White Lies for Dark Times". This is more guitar rock than Ben Harper usually plays. It's pretty good, there are some really good songs on this CD. I particularly like, "Why Must You Always Dress In Black" and "Shimmer and Shine". I look forward to seeing them tonight as well.

I'm going crazy not being able to listen to "Backspacer" yet. I even googled around the web and the best I can find is 30 second snippets of each song. (Surely there's some place on-line I can check out the full version of "Backspacer".) I even downloaded limewire but that was a waste of time.

The college football rankings are the most searched topic on Yahoo! With 4 Top 10 teams losing the rankings were in for a big shakeup. Florida still ranks at #1, although I keep on wondering when are they going to play a real team? 2) Texas and 3) Alabama. It's good to see Boise State jump to #5, although I'm sure national sports "experts" are complaining about it. They have played a comparable schedule to Florida. USC also roared back into the Top Ten, jumping from #12. 8) Oklahoma, the first team BYU beat this season. #11 TCU jumped all the way from #15. I hope they keep their BCS hopes alive until they roll into Provo on October 24th. BYU has some revenge to exact on the Horned Frogs. BYU beat the previously unbeaten 3-0 CSU Rams and dropped in the polls? Utah should have also moved back into the Top 25 after beating the BCS conference team Louisville.

There will be a review coming tomorrow night of tonight's Pearl Jam concert.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites