Thursday, September 3, 2009

(Started September 3rd, 2009, Revised and Revamped March 12th, 2023) Part 1 of the Top 10 Soundtracks of All-Time

Hello, 

When I first started on this list of the best soundtracks of all-time I thought it would be a fun project. However it didn't end up that way. I came up with an initial list of great soundtracks. Then I could only think of a few other worthy soundtracks. Eventually I got bored of the whole project, here's my top 10 Soundtracks of all-time.

I must have written this blog before one could share videos from YouTube, well now I can!! Other than "Purple Rain" at #1 these CDs are in no particular order.

1) "Purple Rain" Soundtrack- Prince Every song on this CD kicks butt. This is virtually a Prince greatest hits CD. The movie doesn't hold up but this CD still does. This would fit right in the current marketplace and be some of the best music available. Any CD that has "Let's Go Crazy" and "When Doves Cry" has got to rock. "When Doves Cry" is one of the sneakiest sexy songs of all-time. All the songs below are performed by Prince and the Revolution.

1) "When Doves Cry":


2) "Let's Go Crazy":


3) "Take Me With U":


4) "Computer Blue":


5) "I Would Die 4 U":


6) "Baby I'm A Star":


2) "Pretty In Pink" Soundtrack- Various Artists A mid-80's collection of some of the best music available at the time. From the Psychedelic Furs title track to Echo and the Bunnymen "Bring On The Dancing Horses" to Jesse Johnson's "Get To Know Ya". Also one of the very few soundtracks that has a Smith's song on it. 

7) The Psychedelic Furs "Pretty In Pink":


8) OMD "If You Leave":


9) Jesse Johnson  "Get To Know Ya":


10) New Order "Shellshock":


11) Echo and the Bunnymen "Bring On The Dancing Horses":


12) The Smiths "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want This Time":


 Enjoy, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites