Friday, September 11, 2009

Spinal Menengits scare

Hello,

With our tenuous financial situation, we are always looking for ways to make money. One way we do this is mrsmusicaddict takes care of two of our nieces. My wife has become the default "Mommy" after their mother passed away about 16 months ago. My brother-in-law drops off the girls in the morning about 7:00 and comes and picks them up about 11 hours later. In between he goes to work. Yesterday one of our nieces came and she was feeling miserable. She loves mrsmusicaddict but she still did not want to be held by my wife. My niece acted like she was in a lot of pain.

With my brother-in-law at work it fell to mrsmusicaddict to take her to the pediatrician. She did and the pediatrician said our niece may have spinal meningitis. To make a long story short, my wife ended up taking our niece to Primary Children's Hospital ER. After everything was said and done I had to miss a day of work to stay home with our kids, while they went to the ER. Thankfully there was no spinal meningitis, only a case of neck spasms. Our niece feels 100 times better today.

I'm very glad she did not have spinal meningitis, according to webmd.com this is the definition: "Meningitis is a term used to describe an inflammation of the membranes that surround the brain or the spinal cord. Meningitis is a potentially life-threatening condition that can rapidly progress to permanent brain damage, neurological problems, and even death". That was a very scary situation and we are all glad things worked out.

Have a great day. I'll be back with a normal blog tomorrow. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites