Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"AI" Denver auditions Part 2



Hello,

My previous blog talked about the first 5 contestants going to Hollywood from the Denver auditions.

6) Nicci Nix -22- flew 14 hours to make this audition. That just seems more than a little desperate, especially after you heard her helium speaking voice. However her singing voice is much different and better. She sang Girls Aloud "Something Kinda Ooooh". I don't see her making the Top 24. 4/5

Just a side note, there have been many people online today that have been dismissive of Girls Aloud. Thanks to napster.com I checked them out and I like them quite a bit. (They remind me a lot of Cascada, which is a big compliment coming from me.) I realize that Girls Aloud are pure pop music and not the most mentally stimulating music to listen to. However it's pop music, it's suppose to be fun, enjoyable and danceable. Girls Aloud meets all those requirements easily.



7) Haeley Vaughn: she wants to be the first "black pop country kind of mainstream singer". Another potential Idol with a sad story. I'm glad she survived being a preemie and it's unfortunate that her Dad died when she was 10. I'm glad she has overcome those things, but can we please spend more time on whether she is a singer or not? She busted out Carrie Underwood's "Last Name" and I thought she did okay on it. I'm not convinced she's going to make the Top 24. 4/5

I will just mention the Bikini Boy in passing. I'm glad the judges got up and walked out on him. Why did he pick Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart"? The whole thing was bogus up to him asking Kara for a hug in a very whiny voice. He works on one of those "zany" morning shows, it figures. Now there's something that's not mentally stimulating that deserves to be dismissed very easily.

Tonight is the best of the rest episode, only one more hour of auditions. Thank goodness for next week being Hollywood week!

After my workout this morning, I came home and checked to see who the new Rolling Stone cover person is. After it being John the Mayer of bland music last issue, I was hoping Karma would slap RS to pick someone much better. I was very disappointed when I saw Lil Wayne on the cover. He has a new record, "Rebirth" and he's going "rock". I wasn't convinced he could pull it off but I thought I'd give him a shot. Currently I'm listening to "Rebirth" (thanks again napster.com). I first read the Rolling Stone review, they only gave this CD 2.5/ 5 stars. Rolling Stone if you gave him such a low rating on his CD, why did you put him on your cover? (Yeah I know to sell copies.)

I agree with Rolling Stone's rating of this CD. Some of these songs are undeniably catchy and there's some quality rock music on this CD. However I do have a couple of complaints. I hate all the dropping of the F bomb. I know these rappers have to show how "street" they are with a lot of vulgarity. That's been done so much that its now a cliche. Here's the downside of that, that detracts from some catchy music. I understand an occasional F bomb to really emphasize a point, but this is way beyond that. Lil Wayne drops the F bomb at least 100 times, he uses it so many times in some songs it loses all its effectiveness. Also Lil Wayne what is up with all the annoying Auto Tune? I also hate all the dropping of the n word, one of the most disgusting words of all-time. The artist listed on this CD should be Auto Tune (featuring Lil Wayne). All in all I agree with Rolling Stone's 2.5 stars ranking.

Lil call me when you have the edited version of "Rebirth" available on napster. I think I will go and check out some Atomic Kitten. Atomic Kitten, more happy pure pop music that is uplifting and enjoyable. Lil Wayne you may want to think about that.

Here's a picture of the gorgeous Carrie Underwood at the Grammys, lucky guy who's going to marry her. Congrats Carrie on the engagement.



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites