Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feb 21st "AI" Top 30 Part 4

Hello,

Last night the men took the stage for their first live performances for America. According to ew.com's Michael Slezak it sounds like as a group they weren't very good. That doesn't surprise me. I think this group of men is fairly weak. The only men who I think are very good are Andrew Garcia, Todrick Hall, Lee Dewyze, Casey James and Tyler Grady. I'm sort of on the fence about John Park. I haven't seen last night performances so I might change when my mind when I finally get the time.

I might not have my normal "AI" reviews as time is at a premium now. I'll still have my Top 30 though definitely. As always that will be coming on Sunday. Tonight is the results show, can we send home 4 guys tonight and no girls? Also one of my all-time favorite "AI" contestants, Allison Iraheta, is singing tonight.

Here's the final 6 of this past Sunday's Top 30.

6) Janeel Wheeler (last week: 4). She was a little shaky in Hollywood week, does she have the mental fortitude to win the Season 9 crown? She's impressed with her excellent audition of "House of the Rising Sun". Also in Hollywood she was good with Estelle's "American Boy". She received some criticism for "Love Story", but I liked how she sang it.

5) Lee Dewyze (last week: 12). His rise was due more to other people not doing as well as I expected. He was excellent with "Ain't No Sunshine" in the audition round. We haven't seen a lot of him so far. I'm hoping he was fantastic last night.

4) Todrick Hall (last week: 7) He has also impressed with his voice, however we also have seen a lot of him off the stage. I'm not sure what the "AI" producers are trying to do there. Of all the men he has one of the best voices. The man is uber talented but also ridiculously cocky. I'm going to try and watch the men's performances either Friday or Saturday morning.

3) Katie Stevens (last week: 5) She emerged from Hollywood being a front runner. (I'm trying to forget her "Feelin' Good" from Tuesday out of my mind. She needs to do better picking songs.) I think she has a shot to go a long ways in this competition. She has an amazing voice!

2) Didi Benami (last week 3). One of the few people who have had more than one terrific performance. Her "Hey Jude" in the audition round and her "Terrified" both were amazing. She has a strong voice. I'm kind of wondering the same thing about her as I am about Janeel Wheeler. Is she mentally strong enough to win this year's crown? She seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown constantly. She's still struggling with a good friend of hers a few years ago.

1) Crystal Bowersox (last week 2). All I can say is Crystal, Crystal, Crystal! She kind of seems like Amanda Overmeyer and isn't necesserily going to bow down to "AI" to win the whole thing. However on pure talent I still hope she goes a long way. I'm definitely going to buy her debut CD on the day it is released. So far she has tore it up on "Piece of My Heart", an amazing "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" and Sheryl Crow's "If It Makes You Happy".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites