Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"AI" auditions in Denver, R.I.P. Loren

Hello,

This audition episode was from Denver with Victoria Beckham as guest judge again.

1) Mark Labriola -28- the Jack Black lookalike. He complained about that, but it could be a lot worse. Black may be ugly but the man can sing. Labriola also chose a cool song to sing, Squeeze's "Tempted". I originally gave him 4.5/5 but that was feeling like grade inflation. 4/5

2) Kimberly Kerbow -24- college student from Marina Del Ray, Ca. I really, really like her. She sang Ingrid Michaelson's "The Way I Am". I'm currently listening to Ingrid Michaelson's debut CD "Everybody" and I'm really digging it. Kerbow will definitely be on themusicaddict's next Top 25, or it might be a Top 30 list. 4.5/5 Ingrid Michaelson 5/5

3) Danelle Hayes sang the amazing Melissa Etheridge song, "I'm The Only One". What a great song. Kara said this was the "most moving audition". Puke! It's a singing competition not a moving back story competition. Remember what Katy Perry said about this not being a "Lifetime movie" sweetie. Anyway Danelle Hayes will be on the next Top 25 or 30 list for sure. I'd like her to get a little more control over her voice though. 4.5/5

4) Casey James -27- survived a motorcycle accident. He sang the very over rated and recent Rolling Stone cover boy's "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room". If I'm incorrect with that song I apologize, I gladly don't know a lot about John Mayer. He's also apparently eye candy for Kara. Casey James is not to be confused with Bikini guy. After he took off his clothes, I don't remember much about him. He probably won't be on the Top 25 or Top 30 list. 4/5

5) Tori Kelly -16 - high school student. She sang another one of John Mayer's songs "Gravity". Simon did not really like her, but the other three judges sent her through. I thought she was okay, but again too young. The minimum age needs to be raised to at least 18 if not 21. 4/5

Part 2 about these auditions tomorrow. Also tomorrow episode is best of the rest from all 7 cities. Expect some big changes in my next top ranked Idols, that's why I might expand to a Top 30.

This is my father-in-law who passed away very unexpectedly this past Saturday.

Loren Leslie Ford, 55, of Kaysville, died Saturday, Jan. 30, 2010. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010, at the Spencer LDS Ward Chapel, 500 S. Main, Kaysville. Friends and family may call Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Lindquist's Kaysville Mortuary, 400 N. Main, and Thursday from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. at the church prior to the service. Interment, Kaysville City Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, please make donations at America First Credit Union to the Loren Ford Memorial Fund.

R.I.P. Loren

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites