Friday, February 12, 2010

"AI" Hollywood Week 1, Part 1

Hello,

A couple of quick things, I love this song:



This is already the song of the year for 2010. 113,000,000 views on youtube.com can't be wrong. This song is so searched for on youtube.com all one has to do is type a "b" and this is the first result shown.

The second thing: Kara Disregardia says the following about Ellen D. “I think she also knows more about music than you think she does…I felt she had a really good handle on whether a contestant had potential, had star quality. She knew if something was off in the vocals or in their performance. And I thought she delivered the message with kindness but also had criticism in there.” A typical Kara sentence, it's actually a paragraph and she says a lot of words without saying much. Now Kara if you can learn as much as her. Seriously for being in the music business, it's shocking how little she knows. I refer to the "old Aerosmith" vs. new Aerosmith" music comment she made last year. She's also made several other head scratching comments.

Apparently Kara will also be in the upcoming Maxim in a bikini. Don't follow her example Randy :) This is the year we had bikini guy in the audition round.

Also here's Sugarland new song "Wide Open". A song they sing for the 2010 Winter Olympics CD. The Vancouver Olympics start today. Although Sugarland I do have a question, why in the heck are you letting Danny Gokey on your tour. Julianne Hough is cool, but Gokey is not. There's a real video for this song but I could not track it down. Here's a fan made video.



Here we go on "AI" week 1 in Hollywood! Why "AI" do you not have a list of the final 71 contestants?

Tuesday we start with 181 contestants and that number is whittled down to 71 contestants at the end of Wednesday's show, getting ready of a lot of fluff. (Look at that I just wrote a Kara sentence.)

Ellen DeGeneres was introduced as the new permanent judge. Awesome. Parenthesis indicate their position in my rankings. The last number is my rating of the little bit of their performance I saw.

1) Katie Stevens (Not rated, but will be) was shown first singing, she sang Stevie Wonder's "For Once In My Life". I thought she was a lot better than in the audition round. The judges like her and she's moving on. 5.0

2) Next up is one of my favorite contestants from the audition round, more for his personality than his singing. Of course I'm writing about Antonio Wheeler (28), better known as Skii Bo Ski. This is the end of his "Idol journey" spoken in the Ryan Seacrest fake drama voice. 3.5

3) Vanessa Wolfe (not rated) the young women from Vonore, Tn. She sang Blind Melon's "No Rain". Props to her for picking such a cool song. I just don't think she's that good. I was surprised she made it through the audition round. 3.0

Ryan continues to pile on the drama and hype. Please stop!

4) Andrew Garcia (not rated, but will be) did a twist on Paula Abdul's "Straight Up". This was a great interpretation. Where has he been hiding? I think he's going to go far in this competition. Kara called his performance, "genius" and for once I agree with her. 5.0

5) Tasha Layton (8) is shown in passing a few times in these two shows, but we never get to hear her sing. She's moving on in spite of that. "Idol" not showing any of her performances: 0.0

6) Cornelius Edwards (not rated, nor will he ever be). He's the dude that got sent to Hollywood mainly for ripping his pants. His lack of singing skill is not the only thing exposed. Why in the hell did he choose to sing the Dixie Chicks "Cowgirl Take Me Away"? Great song and great band, but weird choice for Edwards. Thankfully he's not moving on. 0.0

7) Megan Wright (not rated) sang "Who's Loving You". I liked the part of that song that was shown. However the judges didn't and she's going home. I'd rather have her in there than the drama queen Mary Powers. 4.0

8) Amadeo Diricco (not rated) the man who sang Muddy Waters' "Hoochie Coochie Man" in the audition round. He wasn't not as impressive in Hollywood. He wanted a second chance but Simon denied him and he's going home. 2.0

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites