Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Law and Order", "Cold Case" and "FlashForward", Ronnie James Dio

Hello,

I come to mourn the end of some shows that I've enjoyed but will not be back next season. After 20 years of excellent detective stories and multiple spin off series "Law and Order" is coming to an end. Another show that I love is almost guaranteed going off the air, that show is "Cold Case". From what I've read though that show is almost assuredly gone.

Then a non surprise to me this will be "FlashForward's" first and last season. Why am I not surprised? Is it because of show quality? No. It's because I'm bad luck for a lot of shows. I get into a show in it's first season, hype it up and many times people not enough people watch the show. It then gets canceled. I'm intrigued to watch "Glee", but you are probably thinking don't start watching it.

There are some shows I don't get into until the second or third season. For instance "Mad Men", I love that show. It took me a few years to get into "E.R." and I was a big fan during the middle seasons. Then came the lame last few years. Also "American Idol" I didn't really get into until the 6th season. I use to live for that show, I then got busy and have realized I can live without it.

Unfortunately I thought "Battlestar Galactica" looked lame and never watched it. Once it ended I started getting into it. I still have only seen the first season though. It would be nice if it was made available on Comcast On Demand. (Hint, hint)

Books: I'm currently reading Mary Karr's "The Liar's Club", her first of 3 memoirs. I'm enjoying it, it's a lot better than the last book I read, "The Postmistress". It's still not one of the those books it's so engrossing that you just can't put down.

Speaking of mourning I just found out one of my all-time favorite singers has died. That's the amazing Ronnie James Dio. He's been battling cancer. The article on ew.com said he died "at the reported age of 67". It's hard to believe he could be that old and sing that well. Here are 10 of my favorite songs of his. (Yes I know he was with other bands, but honestly I think his solo work was the best work he did.) My two favorite of his songs are "The Last In Line" and "Egypt- The Chains Are On". Other great songs of his "Stand Up And Shout", "Holy Diver", "Shame on The Night", "Straight Through The Heart", "We Rock", "One Night In The City", "Shoot, Shoot" and "All The Fools Sailed Away".

R.I.P. RJD



Have a good Sunday, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites