Saturday, May 29, 2010

The World Cup

Hola,

The World Cup is right around the corner and I'm getting very excited. The World Cup this year is in South Africa and it starts on June 11th. The first game for the United States will be on June 12th, they'll be playing soccer mad England. The last time these two sides (the soccer word for teams) played they in the World Cup they made a movie about it. The following thanks to wikipedia.com, "The game and the U.S. team were profiled by author Geoffrey Douglas in his book The Game of Their Lives (ISBN 0-8050-3875-2), which was made into a film of the same name (later renamed to The Miracle Match)." I'm hoping for something to happen similarly this quadrennial.

I finally got my hands on the final installment of Stieg Larsson's "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest". I've started reading it already, I'm to page 112 so far. The main character is Lisbeth Salander, named the #98th all-time character in the most recent Entertainment Weekly. (For those of you wondering Homer Simpson is #1.) It's another great novel so far, I'm sad that Larsson has passed away. He was an excellent author.

In the NBA playoffs tonight I'm cheering for the Suns to win.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites