Saturday, May 8, 2010

Where is the next Guns 'N' Roses?, the Gossip

Hello,

I was exercising this morning and rocking out to my iPod nano, it rules btw. One of the songs that came on was GNR's "Nightrain", their ode to an inexpensive form of alcohol. That song kicks butt. I'm wondering that since Guns 'N' Roses doesn't want to be an active band anymore, who is going to fill their place? (One CD in the last several years and very infrequent touring does not make a band an active band.)

I was hoping Buckcherry would be that band but they suck. The music sucks, their lyrics sucks and the language is terrible. They are using profanity just to use profanity to seem cool. If you have to do something to seem cool, you won't ever be cool. Coolness happens naturally. It's like pregnancy, either you are or you aren't.

For those of you thinking that (I'll remember that name's band eventually) might be the answer you are wrong. I had to research to remember their name. How about Them Crooked Vultures? I don't think they will be a band long enough to do that.

The closest band I can think of to fill the GNR void is Green Day. Both have great and charismatic singers. The musicianship in both are amazing. There's a lot of anger and butt kicking in their lyrics. One different thing about Green Day, they are built to last. Although there were a few years between their last two releases, they did go on a long tour. They also made that Foxboro Hottubs CD. There's also rumors about them possibly being in other bands together and using different names for those bands. The only one in more bands is Jack White.

I hate gossip, but I love The Gossip. They are a rockin' band with Beth Ditto as their amazing lead singer. I'm listening to their latest CD, "Music For Men" now. It's more mellow than some of their previous CDs. Although these songs are mellow, there are still some good songs. My favorite songs on this CD are probably "Love Long Distance" and "Love and Let Love".

Also just a quick personal note: I've had people make decisions concerning me lately based on incomplete information and false assumptions. Please before you make a decision that affects other people, please do what you can to find out out the truth and the complete story. Making decisions on what one person says is no way to make a decision. There are always at least two sides to any story and probably more.

The Jazz play tonight. We'll find out tonight if this is going to be a competitive series or complete domination by the much hated Lakers. Either way I'm not going to waste my time watching it, I'll follow it on espn.com. I may watch some of the Red Wings hockey match on Versus though. The Red Wings are fighting for their playoff lives. Go Jazz! Go Red Wings!

Have a great day,

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites