Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day, Do Not Mess With Denzel!

Hello,

I just want to wish a happy birthday to all mothers everywhere. The rest of us wouldn't be what we are with out you. Actually the rest of us wouldn't be without you.

Thanks to my Mom and Dad for allowing me to live with them until I can get back on my feet. My Mom is an amazing woman and has been my biggest advocate even through many of my screw ups in life. I'd like to thank the ex-wife for bringing us four wonderful kids into the world. I just hope I can see them more than I've been allowed to see them lately.

Yesterday was sort of a boring day for me. With it being Mother's Day weekend I didn't get to have my kids this weekend. Plus I didn't work yesterday. The highlight of my day was going to Sun Shine Cafe with my Mom and her friend to celebrate Mother's Day. After that I just relaxed the whole day.

About 7:00 I got bored and went and watched "Man on Fire" on Comcast On Demand. This movie stars Denzel Washington, Christopher Walken and Marc Anthony. Don't mess with the man. Washington is my favorite actor. He's just got a cool factor and so much charisma. (I did lose a little bit of respect for him when I found out he was a fan of "Napoleon Dynamite" though. That's one of the dumbest and worst movies of all time.) While this is not the best movie of all-time, it was pretty good and helped alleviate my boredom. I also thought Dakota Fanning was pretty good in this movie as well.

I'm also reading a book called "The Postmistress" by Sarah Blake. It's a good book but not amazing. I have a hard time completely getting into it. I have to take it back to the library soon, I don't know if I'm going to be able to finish it before then. Another book I've heard a lot of good things about is Kathryn Stockett's "The Help". My Mom recently read that book in about 5 days. That's the kind of book I'm looking for. "The Postmistress" is just not at that level.

The Jazz lost last night. I instead watched "Man on Fire". In the Jazz game there were two men on fire. Spoiled, whiny brat Ron Artest and Ashton Kutcher look-a-like Kyle Korver. The Lakers prevailed 111-110 and now the Jazz are now down 3-0. It's virtually impossible for them to win now. They can go into the off season and finally dump the oft injured, never satisfied Carlos Boozer. He's a great player but his downside is too much. He's also all about Carlos.

I'm also doing better with the divorce, but then I hear songs like this and the pain comes back fresh. Although thankfully the pain is getting less thankfully. I know the pain will never go away completely and I'll love the ex-wife. I wish her well.



Thanks again all Moms, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites