Monday, May 24, 2010

Stone Temple Pilots

Hello,

The Stone Temple Pilots return with their first all new music in over 10 years with their self-titled CD tomorrow. Currently it's streaming at billboard.com for free. It has been there a few days, I don't know how much longer it's going to be there. The CD sounds exactly like you think it would sound like, why mess with what was a successful formula apparently. Does that mean its bad? No I'm liking it, but I consider myself a Stone Temple Pilots fan.

The first night of the big "AI" finale starts tomorrow. I haven't watched it in a few weeks, but many people I have talked to think Lee Dewyze is going to win. (As long as it isn't Adam Lambert, Kris Allen or Danny Gokey). I think this will be the second to last year of the show. The formula is just tired now. They aren't going to be able to replace Simon. It makes me nervous who they are going to pick, the producers don't have an especially good track record. Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Kara DiaGuardia all are terrible. I do like Ellen Degeneres though. I don't think they could go wrong with the very appealing Shania Twain. I think Neil Patrick Harris would be good also.

Unless Fox just continues to drive "AI" in the ground the 10th season should be the last. Here's a good article from billboard.com about the flagging fortunes of "AI".

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/can-american-idol-be-saved-1004093058.story

Also it's good to see the Archuleta know how to vote online. That's the only reasonable explanation I can figure out why he's the leading vote getter for the all-time male "AI". It's certainly not his illustrious career. Other than this blip he's thankfully fading into obscurity. Seriously people think he's better than Daughtry, David Cook, Norman Gentle, my butt.

The season and the series finale of "FlashForward" is Thursday night. Hopefully I won't be the only one who will miss this show.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites