Sunday, May 2, 2010

I love Paramore!, Countdown to "Iron Man 2"

Hello,




I knew I was really out of the current music scene but this is ridiculous. What do the following ten people have in common? Lil Wayne, Colette Carr (who I've never heard of. After watching the video I understand. A lame video and lame song sung by a wanna be white female rapper.), Nicki Minaj (who I've never heard of thankfully), Ok Go and Anaka (again who I've never heard of, but no it's not the breath spray). The other people on the list are Justin Bieber (who I only know about because of my 9 year old daughter), Iyaz (another one I had never heard of) Taylor Swift, Ke$ha and Dakota Fanning.

I actually like the Iyaz song "Solo":




"Iron Man 2" opens Friday. I can hardly wait.



How cool is it that it's an all AC/DC Soundtrack, including most of their biggest hits. The last movie I know of that had all AC/DC songs was the Stephen King directed "Maximum Overdrive" one of the worst movies of all time. The songs from the "Maximum Overdrive" Cd, which is better known as "Who Made Who":

1. Who Made Who
2. You Shook Me All Night Long
3. D.T.
4. Sink the Pink
5. Ride On
6. Hells Bells
7. Shake Your Foundations
8. Chase the Ace
9. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

The AC/DC songs from "Iron Man 2":

1. Shoot to Thrill
2. Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
3. Guns for Hire
4. Cold Hearted Man
5. Back in Black
6. Thunderstruck
7. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
8. Evil Walks
9. T.N.T.
10. Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
11. Have a Drink on Me
12. The Razor's Edge
13. Let There Be Rock
14. War Machine
15. Highway to Hell

But the most exciting news of this past week is :

"The Dark Knight sequel finally has a release date. Almost two years after the killer clown crime epic dominated the box office and spawned a million Halloween costumes, Warner Bros. has announced that the still-untitled Batman 3 will be released on July 20, 2012, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

There’s not a whole lot of information about the movie, which is still in the very early planning stages. Director Christopher Nolan and writer David Goyer have always been focused on presenting a more realistic take on the Batman mythos, so we’re probably not going to see Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, or Clayface. Even though he’s a bit more outlandish, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Riddler, if only because his presence could pump up Batman’s mystery-solving detective side." (Thanks to ew.com and Darren Franich.) I hope it's out before the world ends as is predicted in "2012".)

The answer to my above question is coming later, but here's a hint:




Also the Jazz start the second round of the NBA playoffs, they play the Lakers. I think the Jazz will lose in 5 games, but I still will be cheering them on! Go Jazz!

Here's the answer to the question I asked earlier. They are the Top Ten videos on MTV today. Don't ask me why I have no idea.

1) Lil Wayne's video for "I'm Single". Does he really have to tell us that? The last I heard he was in jail. I think it's for assault, assault on good taste!

2) Colette Carr's video for "Back It Up. That should have been a self fulfilling prophecy title. Before they released it, someone should have got a big truck and backed up over it. A really bad song and a "singer" I've never heard of. After watching the video I understand why. A lame video and lame song sung by a wanna be white female rapper.

3) Nicki Minaj's video for "Massive Attack". Have you heard this ridiculous song or seen the ridiculous video? A partial viewing was enough for me. She should soon be joining Lil Wayne in jail for assault on taste.

4) Ok Go's video for "This Too Shall Pass" (Version 2). I think the song is about the song itself. Another video I couldn't watch all of.

5) Anaka's video for "Erase". Yes please erase my memory from this Staind rip off. If you want to pay homage to them, call yourself Pained. That's what I was after watching this video. Again someone who I've never heard of, but no he's not the breath spray.

6) Justin Bieber's video for "Baby". Is this video about him? My 9 year old daughter loves him so I've had to hear his music a few times. I can only tolerate it for a few minutes. I think my daughter will be too mature for this music by her next birthday.

7) Iyaz's video for "Solo". Although this is another musician I've never heard of, I really like this song.

8) Taylor Swift's and (T Pain) video for "Thug Story". This is obviously played for comic effect and it's pretty funny. Taylor Swift is the one that's going to last the longest out of all these people, she actually has talent.

9) Ke$ha's video for "Blah, Blah, Blah". An absolutely horrendous song with pretty nasty lyrics. Cartoony sex lyrics and it sucks. She also sang this song on "American Idol" and it was painfully bad there.

10) Dakota Fanning's video for "Cherry Bomb". This is from the movie about the Runaways. That's the early all girl band that featured Lita Ford and Joan Jett, who both went on to bigger things. This song has some life, an old school rock vibe.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites