Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Great love songs



Hello,

With the divorce final, a man's mind turns to thoughts of new love. This blog goes out to a very special person, she knows who she is. We aren't a couple, she's just been a really good friend (not with benefits.) I'm not ready to get into a serious relationship at this time. I'm sorry I wasn't ready to meet tonight.

I still need to work through some feelings of anger left over from the end of my marriage. There are also so many financial burdens I have ahead of me. Unless I marry Warren Buffet's daughter any new marriage/ relationship is going to start out not financially strong. I'm currently looking for a second job. If you know of anything, send me an e-mail. I once heard someone say that divorce is the worst financial decision you can make. I've come to find that out for myself. I thought I was poor before, it's a good thing I can live with my parents.

I also have to consider my kids and there are about a million other issues to worry about. Hey but other than that, it's a piece of cake :)

Love songs 101. These are pure love songs, not love and sex songs. These are just love songs. Songs you could listen to at a church dance. (Obviously I'm not referring to the church which was playing Led Zeppelin.) These also might not be traditional love songs. Again the feeling of love and not the act of sex is the point here. (That's why Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" is not on this list. Listen to the lyrics.) Being in love is one of the greatest feelings in the world. I'm listening to iTunes to try and get some ideas for more songs. No iTunes "Every Rose Has It's Thorns" is not a love song. Yes, Katherine McPhee's "Terrified" is a much better choice.

Surprisingly Sugarland, my favorite country band, doesn't have any great love songs. Now if I was writing an adultery blog, which I never will, I could use "Stay". Jennifer Nettles it's about time to sing some great love songs. Jennifer Nettles has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. Again not all songs necessarily apply to my personal situation.

First up the gorgeous Katherine McPhee.



Here goes with her song:



You can never go wrong with the Black Eyed Peas, especially when Fergie gets to the chorus. (Although Fergie is Fergalicious, I'm sorry she's not hot enough for this blog.)



Wow I love this song, Matchbox Twenty:



Is this not one of the most beautiful songs of all-time. Colbie C's "Bubbly".



Another achingly beautiful song, from a Blues masters B.B. King. This is "Hummingbird". ("The Thrill Is Gone" will be on an angry blog.)



Sometimes I get impatient
but she cools me without words
and she comes so sweet and so plain
my hummingbird and have you heard
that I thought my life had ended
but I find that it’s just begun
cause she gets me where I live
I’ll give all I have to give
I’m talking about that hummingbird
oh she’s little and she loves me
too much for words to say
when I see her in the morning sleeping
she’s little and she loves me
to my lucky day
hummingbird don’t fly away

When I’m feeling wild and lonesome
she knows the words to say
and she gives me a little understanding
in her special way
and I just have to say
in my life I loved a woman
because she’s more than I deserve
and she gets me where I live
I’ll give all I have to give
I’m talking about that hummingbird
oh she’s little and she loves me
too much for words to say
when I see her in the morning sleeping
she’s little and she loves me
to my lucky day
hummingbird don’t fly away

What do you say, let's dance. You've got to love the 80's. (Quick review: I love Dope's version of this song, Flo Rida go away.) In case you're wondering, the singer is a man.



I love, love, love this song. (Is that enough love for you?) Kenny Chesney "How Forever Feels".



Another great song, I love Lifehouse and the lead singer's voice. "Hanging By A Moment":



Another amazing song and another amazing voice, Natalie Maines. The Dixie Chicks "Baby Hold On".



Carrie Underwood where are your great love songs? Come on you are about to get married. This song is the best I could find of hers.



I'll be adding a Green Day song later, you'll understand when you hear it. I just have to track it down. This isn't the song I was talking about, but I think this version of "21 Guns" is pretty amazing. This is from the broadway play.



This is the song I was looking for but I couldn't find out the name of the blonde girl with the amazingly achingly beautiful voice.



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites