Sunday, June 6, 2010

"Prince of Persia" and better movies (although that's not saying much)

Hello,

Happy Birthday Stef.

Warning: Do not go see "Prince of Persia", its a very boring movie. There's a convoluted story and it's one of those movies that never seems to end. Jake Gyllenhall is completely out of place as a Prince of Persia. He's not very convincing in that role.

Due to my debating with a friend of mine about whether in the "Twilight" series Bella is a player or not, I watched "New Moon" the other day. I was very disappointed with the first "Twilight" movie but "New Moon" is a much better movie. Although it's about 10-15 minutes too long. Also the Bella look of anguish got old the third time I saw it- which happened in about the first minute of the movie.

I also watched "Killers" the new movie starring Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl. Kutcher plays a CIA assassin until he meets Heigl's character. Kutcher is a producer of this movie and you can see his fingerprints all over it. He carries a camera around some of the time, which seems like he's promoting his camera commercials. Also he walks around without a shirt on most of the movie. Dude put a shirt on. There's also a scene where Katherine Heigl walks around in just a skirt and a blouse, it's completely irrelevant to the storyline. I realize she's a beautiful woman, but what was the point of that.

I actually liked "Killers" quite a bit. Kutcher and Heigl do have a goofy chemistry. There are a lot of humorous moments in the movie as well. The story is more plausible than "Prince of Sleep, er Persia".

Oh man I wish I had more time, there are so many great books out there that need to be read. I'm currently reading Steig Larsson's "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest". This is the third and final book in the Lisbeth Salander trilogy. The first two books were amazing and this one is just as good.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites