Monday, June 28, 2010

"She's Out Of My League", James Morrison, Macy Gray

Hello,

Last night I watched every out of shape and unattractive males (peeps unite) fantasy movie. So what I'm saying is Keira Knightly we have a shot if you just give me a chance :). Yes, I watched "She's Out of My League" starring the very attractive Alice Eve. She has an amazing body also. More good news for my fellow geeks, apparently she's in talks to be in the next "X-Man" movie.



This movie is unbelievable on so many levels. A girl like that would never be with a dude like that, unless maybe she was blind. Also if a guy had reservations about being with a hottie extraordinaire, he would first have sex with her then express those reservations. The scene that ends with the dog licking the pants of the main male character is also not believable. That's all I will say about that.

Anyway the song that plays over the closing credits is by one of my favorite artists that's virtually unknown. The song is called "Undiscovered" by James Morrison. That's just one of his many amazing songs. (I'm listening to him on napster.com as I write this.) His best song is "You Give Me Something". I love that song.

Also I'm so out of it when it comes to new music, so the last couple of days I've been listening to the Mixx 107.9 just to check it out. Other than occasional sports programming, I've hardly listened to the radio for about the 5 years. I was reminded why, but I will give this station a couple more days. But right now it's not doing much for me. Some thoughts, does every song now have to have some kind of rapping in it? That is a good addition on so few songs. I think it works on Katy Perry's "California Gurls" but that's one of the few exceptions.

Also do they have to really play Ke$ha all the time. I have heard "Love Is A Drug" twice in the short time I have listened to this station. She's a wanna be Lady Gaga. I'm old I admit it, but all of today's music sounds alike. Really are there are only 10 songs that they can play? And is dance pop with a rap interlude the only music out there now? Sometimes they play Daughtry and that sounds weird in between Ke$ha's "Love Is The Drug". It's good to hear that, it shows how disposable those other songs are. There are very few songs that stand out on this station unless of how bad it is. I know it's way out of the box, something that scares corporate America to death, but would it hurt the Mixx to play some Macy Gray?

Another song I've heard a lot is this one. I was surprised to hear it was by Michael Buble.



Now here's some good music I could get use to hearing, Lady Gaga's "You and I". According to her this is the debut of this song and I really like it. I love Lady Gaga, she has had about 20 great songs in a row. I'm sorry the sound on this video is terrible. This is just her latest greatest song:



Yesterday I finished reading James Sheehan's "The Mayor of Lexington Avenue". It's a pretty good book if a little derivative of John Grisham and Elmore Leonard. It's not the greatest book ever, but it's a perfect summer book. Now I have to make a very hard decision. What's the next book I should start reading? I was going to read Justin Cronin's "The Passage", but I have several good books from the library I can read. Decisions, decisions!

Also Macy Gray is back I love her new CD, "Sell Out". Check it out. Here's one of her new songs.



Here's one of her older songs in case you forgot who she is. Everyone knows "I Try", so here's an older song that just is as good:



themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

Fool you be listening to the wrong station. You need to check out 94.9 ZRock; never heard rapping in any of the songs.

Favorites