Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day on a lazy Sunday afternoon

Hello,

Happy Father's Day to all you Father's out there.

Just a lazy Sunday afternoon, haven't written for awhile. Not much going on.

I'm glad the NBA Finals are over. What a snoozer, yawn! I proudly state that I didn't watch one minute of Game 7. However I nearly watched every minutes of the two USA World Cup matches. I will be at work Wednesday and can't watch the third game.

The World Cup going on and it's been much more entertaining. The biggest topic has been the vulvazuela and whether it adds or detracts from the World Cup. I'm sort of neutral on the issue, but if people want to blow it go for it. This only happens every 4 years.

USA has been playing mediocre and so their two ties are appropriate. I was very happy with their tie against England, one of the world's soccer super powers. However the tie against Slovenia was unforgivable. Yes I know what you are saying, the USA should have won. That would have been amazing victory but their sub par performance in the first half means they should be very happy they escaped with a tie.

Now it comes down to Wednesday's very crucial game against Algeria. If the USA doesn't win that game and advance to the next round, they should hang their heads in shame.

I've sort of been disappointed with Robbie Findlay's play. What good is all his speed if he can't get effective shots on goal. I love Jozy Altidore and his occaisonal flashes of brillance. Those need to be more frequent and more sustained though. Landon Donavan had that amazing goal against Slovenia.

Go USA!

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites