Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sports Folly: A Rod Coming Suspension, Karl Malone's Silly Ideas, Jerry Jones' Delusions

Hello,

Yesterday's ESPN's "Outside The Lines" broke the news that MLB would like to suspend 20 players for the use of PEDs. The most notable names on the list are A Rod, Ryan Braun and Nelson Cruz. This is a process that will take several months and then those 20 players may not even be suspended. If Rodriquez gets suspended, all I have to say is:



I laugh because A Rod hasn't played this season, he might not play the whole season. I laugh because the Yankees are paying him $29 million to sit on the bench. Then if, and when, he finally comes back he'll probably have to serve a 100 game suspension. That suspension most likely would occur next season, when A Rod will be making just about $1,000,000 less. In other words he may play very little for two seasons and be paid about $57 million. For what? Once his season is over in 2014, he still has about 3 years more on his contract. The Yankees will still owe him about $61 million for those three years plus bonuses. Thanks to Phil Watson of Yahoo, to read his great and hilarious article go here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alex-rodriguez-not-just-york-yankees-worst-contract-205000687--mlb.html

Just an interesting tidbit, A Rod is being paid more than the entire Houston Astros roster.

I have a request for whoever puts a microphone in front of Jerry Jones or Karl Malone. Please stop now! Malone went on the Dan Patrick show today and said something really stupid, he later tweeted that he was kidding. I love that he replied to something he himself said, that's typical of Karl Malone. I'm half expecting for Malone to say he was misquoted.

Malone misses attention so much, he likes to say stupid things when he has a microphone placed in front of him. I know what you are thinking, well maybe he should have a radio show. Funny you should say that, Malone actually had a show on the Salt Lake City ESPN affiliate last year. It was only two hours a week, but that was a torturous two hours long. The show only lasted a couple of months and it was best to avoid that radio station when his show was on. I'm surprised that someone that has been interviewed so often still doesn't know how to speak clearly. I only heard an outtake of today's commercial and it was hard to endure.

I'm a Jazz fan and I'm grateful for everything the Mailman did for the Jazz. But now I just wish he would quietly go away. I wish he'd be like his long time teammate, John Stockton. I don't even know if he gives interviews. Stockton was in Salt Lake for March Madness as his son plays for Gonzaga. The only reason I even knew he was at the games because the camera would show him at times.

Jerry Jones strikes again: It's only in Dallas where who'll be the play caller would create drama. Then it's only in Dallas when the actual announcement of who'll be the play caller would create additional drama. Jones only has two marketable skills: hype and making money. Both of those skills are on full display in the way he runs the Cowboys. Jones uses hype to hide all of his stupid mistakes and that takes a lot of hype. It's amazing a team that he has so thoroughly run into the ground can still make him so much money. Jones is a genius at making himself money, however he remains an idiot at running a football team.

I urge my fellow Cowboys fans to boycott the Cowboys until the Cowboys have someone that knows what they are doing as general manager.

In this time of the 24/7 news cycle there's too much attention focused on sports off seasons. It seems it would be appropriate if there were at least a two month moratorium on NFL news. Maybe a week after the Super Bowl to the start of the NFL Draft, especially next year when it's going to be in May. There's just so much space to fill that small stories become large stories. This is the first time I remember who  calls plays for a NFL team has made any sort of news. Then for Jerry the moratorium should extend from whenever his team is eliminated from the playoffs, which currently is before the playoffs even start, to training camp. (If the NFL took away all his camera time, maybe he'd be motivated to get out of the way.)

I'm one of many, hundreds or thousands, of fans that are turning away from the Cowboys. Most of that's due to how much shine Jones has taken off the Star. I use to live or die for the Cowboys, but now I'm beginning to hate them more than I like them. I just hate how Jones is destroying one of the things I use to love the most. I would love nothing more than to see the Cowboys have a 2-14 season, possibly even then Jones would no longer be delusional enough to think he knows what he's doing.

I'm not a Jason Garrett fan and I'm so glad this is his final season. However I wonder how much crap will he put up with. The Cowboys already have pushed out his brother, fired his defensive coordinator and have now taken away his play calling duties. How much more is Jones going to emasculate Garrett before he just quits? When does standing up for yourself become more important than working for a complete and utter asshole?

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites