Friday, June 14, 2013

themusicaddict's Top 10 All-time American Idols, #5: Jennifer Hudson

Hello,

I've been busy writing my Dodgers Daily blogs and haven't been able to focus as much on music/ pop culture blogs as I would like. I'm not able to write a complete blog about Jennifer Hudson today as I just don't have the time. However I wanted to get the blog started.

The following is my #10 to #6 themusicaddict all-time Top 10 American Idols. If you'd like to read those blogs, I've listed the date. I also listed what season that Idol was on and how many views each blog has received. Needless to say, this blog doesn't get a lot of views.

I would like to briefly review my criteria for how I came up with this list. Some of the criteria were 1) How they performed on the show, not so much where they ended when the season was over. 2) Their pop factor, in other words how much did they pop off the screen. 3) Their after "Idol" career and 4) Their likability.

10) Alexis Grace, October 10th, 2012, Season 8, 22 page views. Although she finished in 11th place, I thought she was one of the best singers that season. Like Pia Toscano she was voted off the show way too early.

9) Crystal Bowersox, October 14th, 2012, Season 9, 12 page views. She was easily the best person her season. Do you remember who won Season 9? So you don't have to Google it, it was Lee Dewyze. In no way am I a DeWyze hater, he has a great voice. However it was clear to see that he was never going to be a big star. Neither one has had an amazing career, but which one do you think anyone might remember in 10 years?

8) Haley Reinhart, October 16th, 2012, Season 10, 35 page views. Again my favorite Idol from her season. She has a great voice and I highly recommend people pick up her excellent CD "Listen Up!".

7) Jordin Sparks, October 22nd, 2012, Season 6, 19 page views. I don't think she receives enough credit for just how great her voice is.

6) David Cook, December 5th, 2012, Season 7, 35 page views. He hasn't quite had the career I had expected, but I love his voice and his songs. I really thought he would be a fairly big star. I highly recommend his self-titled debut CD. He also seems to be one of the nicest and classiest contestants to ever have been on the show.

Eventually I'll have more time and I'll start writing about the incredible Jennifer Hudson. Amazing voice, great actress and now weight loss spokesman. I want to say how fantastic she looks after her weight loss. Congrats Jennifer.

Jennifer Hudson's "American Idol" audition:



Just a preview of some of the great work of JHud, "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going":



"No One Gonna Love You":



One more note: I'll never write a Bottom Ten All-Time American Idol list, there's just too much competition. It would be hard to decide who is more annoying between Danny Gokey and Jacob Lusk. Kris Allen and Scotty McDreary seem like good guys, but talk about no stage presence or charisma. There's also weak voiced Paul McDonald, over hyped Adam Lambert and really he finished that high Blake Lewis.

And don't get me started on all the awful judges that have been on "Idol".

Season 2 might have been my least favorite season, of the first 10 seasons. No one from that season made my Top Ten list.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites