Sunday, June 9, 2013

themusicaddict's Songs From A Sunday Playlist

Hello,

I realize that my last 6 blogs have been about sports, mainly my Dodger Dailies. I made a commitment to myself to write a Dodgers Daily almost every time the Dodgers play. I intend to stay true to that commitment. However I realize the name of my blog is themusicaddict, so I'll try to post a music blog two or three times a week as I have the time.

I like Sundays, it's a day I can get a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the world. It's a good day to go to church and to relax. Since it's a day of relaxation I like to listen to music that maintains a relaxing spirit. Here are a few songs that are perfect for that.

I've written blogs like this before, but I thought about writing another blog like this when I heard this amazing song this morning, Sarah Brightman's "Eden":



Boz Scaggs "Miss Sun":



Bread's "Everything I Own":



Anne Hathaway's "I Dreamed A Dream":



While I wasn't overwhelmed by the "Les Miserables" movie (Russell Crowe singing? WTH?) there were some good performances in it. I loved Eddie Redmayne's "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables":



Although I definitely prefer seeing the play over the movie, there were other revelatory performances from the movie. Besides Eddie Redmayne I also liked Samantha Barks. I love her voice on "On My Own":



I didn't intend to turn this into a "Les Mis" blog. This is about the rockiest I get on my Sunday music playlist, this is the Scorpions "Loving You Sunday Morning" (plus bonus):



themusicaddict


No comments:

Favorites