Saturday, June 15, 2013

themusicaddict's Greatest Hits Of Halestorm

Hello,

I've been listening to Halestorm a lot lately. If you aren't very familiar with Halestorm, I highly recommend you check out their most recent CD, 2012's "The Strange Case of ...." Check it out below:



Just when I think there's no more good rock music being made, I discover bands like Halestorm and Rival Sons. Great rock music isn't leaving much of an imprint on pop culture now. But these things are cyclical and I'm hope rock music will be making it's inevitable comeback soon.

Lizzy I don't expect you to listen to me, but red heads are much hotter than brunettes.

I enjoy how they balance harder rock with mellow and almost fragile songs. I love the vocals of Lizzy Hale and love how good she sounds on the following song. She kicks the crap out of "I Miss The Misery", which I mean as a compliment. I don't know how to describe with her voice on this song, but she shreds this "Misery". This is a great song to get catharsis on.



Here's the studio version of "I Miss The Misery":



"Freak Like Me":



"It's Not You":



"Mz. Hyde":



"American Boys":



"Rock Show":



Here's a couple of their softer songs, these songs are almost fragile and vulnerable. "In Your Room":



"Here's To Us":



Here's a couple of their interesting covers. I really like their cover of Skid Row's "A Slave To The Grind", but the only videos I could find of that the sound was terrible.

This is their butt kicking take of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance":



One great female led rock band covered by another great female led rock band. This is Halestorm's cover of Heart's "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites