Saturday, June 1, 2013

themusicaddict's Things I Won't Be Writing About Today

Hello,

These are the things I won't be writing about today:

Sports:

- It seems that Dwight Howard is sending signals to the Rockets that he's considering signing with them after he becomes a free agent on July 1st. I hope the Rockets aren't paying too much attention to the attention craving Howard. The only one that loves attention more than Howard is Jerry Jones. This is what Howard does, he's like a teenage girl. He'll flirt with whoever will pay attention to him.  If I were the Rockets I wouldn't pay any attention to him. Whoever ends up with the overrated Howard will one day regret signing him.

- I love MLB Network! I went to watch part of the Dodgers-Rockies game and I wanted to see if there were any other MLB games on. Sure enough on MLBN they were showing Orioles-Tigers. This was an explosive game, especially for the Tigers.

- The other night I was excited to watch Game 5 of Heat-Pacers game. But I started watching it and I realized I just didn't care that much. I choose to watch more of season 3 of "The West Wing". Although I only watched a bit of the game I'm glad the Heat won. I'm not sure how much of Game 6 I'll be watching.

- I enjoyed the hard fought season of the Detroit Red Wings. The relatively young Red Wings gave the Blackhawks all they wanted. I look forward to an even better season next year. And yes Red Wings please sign Pavel Datysuk to an extension. Even I, someone who doesn't watch a whole lot of hockey, recognizes how great of a player he is.

TV:

- I realize there are way too many cop shows on TV, but if you have room for one more I suggest that you watch "Motive". It's a pretty good show.

- I'm sad that "Body of Proof" will no longer be on the air. It was a pretty good show and I loved it's sense-of-humor. However the series finale "Daddy Issues" was a terrible ending. Dana Delaney, who's normally a pretty good actress, was atrocious in this episode. The whole storyline about Megan Hunt's father seeming suicide was a non-starter. I never cared about that ridiculous premise. This episode felt like the producers knew the show was done and just gave up on making a good finale.

- Speaking of the above two shows, I watched both on Comcast On Demand. Both shows are on ABC Network On Demand. ABC is a network who's taken a page from the book of greedy Fox. Like Fox they like to show all the commercials on their On Demand offerings and don't allow people to skip through them. That's highly annoying and I don't pay attention to those commercials anyway. Come on ABC can you be better than Fox?

- Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj have all left "American Idol". File that under the category of things that don't matter much. When will Fox get over their greediness and announce the season's 13th season will be it's last? Enough is enough!

- Tonight is the season 1 finale of "Orphan Black". I look forward to an exciting and intriguing finale.of

- Thanks to the creators of "The West Wing", thanks to Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme and all the other creative people behind that show. Thanks to my local library I've been working through all 7 seasons. I've watched all of the episodes of Season 3, except for the final 3. I'll probably watch those tonight- instead of the Heat-Pacers Game 6. I love everything about the "The West Wing", including the great writing, the great cast and it's quirky sense-of-humor.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites