Monday, September 2, 2013

themusicaddict's Great 80's Soul, Rap and Dance

Hello,

I decided to break down my Mega 80's music blog into several different categories, I won't be changing my original Mega 80's music blog. I'm taking the same categories, expanding on each theme and I will also be adding new categories. For instance, how did I miss the music of 80's music? The 80s movie music blog is now available, it's the blog two blogs ago. I enjoy making these kind of blogs and I hope you enjoy them too. As always I welcome all comments, both negative and positive. All you have to do is to leave a comment and I see it almost immediately.

I added videos to this blog for people to watch, without needing to go anywhere else. However if for some reason the videos don't play here, please enjoy on Youtube, MTV.com or wherever else you can.
It would be a shame not to enjoy the greatest music of all-time.

This blog focuses on the great soul, dance and rap music. I often make the joke that 80s music is so good, that even that era's rap music was good.

Two words, Hammer pants:



C & C Music Factory's "Everybody Dance Now (Gonna Make You Sweat)":



Young MC's "Bust A Move":



Neneh Cherry "Kisses On The Wind":



One of the best rap songs of all-time, also one of the best songs ever, Run-D.M.C.'s "It's Tricky": (Warning: the "acting" isn't Oscar caliber.)



Bobby Brown "Every Little Step":



One of my favorite Tracy Chapman songs "For My Lover":



"Now That We Found Love"- Heavy D & The Boyz:



Snap's "The Power":



Herbie Hancock's "Rockit":



Here are a couple of the funkiest songs ever recorded, both courtesy of The Time. First up "Jungle Love":



The Times' (now apparently known as The Original 7Ven) less funky than the original version of "The Bird":



Oran "Juice" Jones "Walking In The Rain": ("I gave you things that you couldn't even pronounce.")



Ready For The World's "Oh Sheila":



Sheila E's "The Glamorous Life":



I never understood all the love for "The Message", this song is considerably better. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five's "White Lines (Don't Do It)":



Timex Social Club's "Rumors":



Black Box's "Strike It Up":



"Open Your Eyes":



The Beastie Boys "(You Gotta) To Fight For Your Right (To Party)":



"Girls":



"Time To Get Ill":



Tone Loc's "Funky Cold Medina":



Of course you can't write about 80s soul, rap and dance music without writing about Michael Jackson. Instead of posting a bunch of his great videos, I was going to post the full album of "Thriller", the CD that may be the ultimate 80s CD. Sadly it's blocked on Youtube, "Off The Wall" is available however. Although "Off The Wall" was released in August, 1979 it's close enough to the 80s for the purposes of this blog. Jackson pretty much had his sound down by "Off The Wall", he continued growing as an artist during the 80s. Without a doubt Michael Jackson is one of the all-time greats.

"Off The Wall";



Also the full version of "Bad" is available on Youtube. Enjoy!



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites