Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dodgers Daily, September 7th, 2013: Dodgers Lose Third Straight, Still Not Worried, How 'Bout Those Cougs?

Hello,

On Saturday, the Dodgers lost their third straight game. Although LA has lost 3 straight games and the first two games in this series I'm still not worried. LA still has a 99.9% chance of reaching the playoffs and lead the second place Diamondbacks by 11 games. Both teams only have 21 games left to play in the season.

LA is losing to a team who is fighting for that all-important NL Central division crown. What does LA have to play for, sure it would be great if they finished the season with the best record in the NL. But with their pitching staff, it seems LA should have plenty of confidence that it could win any playoff series.

A non-baseball note. How about those Cougs! I was able to go see the BYU-Texas game last night. It's BYU's second straight game with a two hour rain delay. When it comes to rain delays, I prefer them to delay the game rather than happen during the game.

But anyway this was a great game for BYU fans. Although it rained off and on during the game, it was never terrible and didn't last long. BYU was lead by stud quarterback Taysom Hill, he rushed for 259 yards on 17 carries. That's an average of 15.2 yards per rush. Hill only threw for 129 yards, it's not often a BYU quarterback has more yards rushing than passing. Although Hill has a lot of work to do on his passing, it's so good to finally have a real quarterback in Provo again.

After the last two years of Heaps of Nelson, Taysom Hill looks like he'll be able to transform into a real BYU quarterback. Two years ago Jake Heaps transferred to Kansas, he only threw for about 110 yards in his Jayhawk debut. This is why Cougar Nation wasn't heartbroken when he transferred. Not only was I not heartbroken, I wanted him to transfer. He never lived up to his hype and entitlement.

Today is the first Sunday for the NFL. I expect both my Bucs and 49ers to win. However for my Cowboys I don't expect much. With the core they have in place I don't have a lot of confidence in them winning on Sunday Night Football against the Giants. New York has won all 4 games in Jerry World. That's a fitting tribute to his greedy, destructive running of his home team.

I don't know how Dallas will lose Sunday night, but I expect they'll find a way. When your GM is Jerruh Jones, the head coach is Jason Garrett, your quarterback is Tony Romo and the Cowboys still have a not very good o line that doesn't inspired a lot of faith in long time Cowboys fans like myself.

Jones has ruined the Cowboys so much I find myself identifying myself more as a 49ers fan now. I like to follow a team that has a solid organization, the Cowboys have anything but a solid organization.

I'll be flipping back and forth tonight between the Cowboys and Dodgers game tonight. I'll be cheering for the Dodgers and hoping the Cowboys don't turn in yet another embarrassing performance.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites