Saturday, March 12, 2016

themusicaddict Recommends The Heroic Enthusiasts

Hello,

This is the second blog I've written in the recent past requested of me by a commercial entity. The first was for car sharing company Turo. I had never heard of that company and had no interest in doing any advertising for them. However they approached it so wisely and asked me for my road trip playlist. That was a task that I absolutely loved, it kept me distracted at work for the entire day. It was also good as I'll be going to see Billy Idol- two weeks from today!

Then on Friday I received a request about a band called The Heroic Enthusiasts. I was skeptical and even more skeptical when I read this line: "Numbers and emotion may not seem related, but when you listen to the band's new EP Memory Wheel, you'll hear why the connection makes sense." I thought oh boy. But I'm a sucker for finding new music, especially when they said it was "new wave inspired" music. New wave music, although it took me a few years to get it, takes me back to my awesome childhood days.

Thus I gave their 4 song ep "Memory Wheel" a shot and I'm glad I did. I like all 4 songs and am so happy to share their music with the few readers of this blog. Although I do wonder will they be as good when they make a traditional 10ish song CD? Enjoy!

Here's a song not on the "Memory Wheel" ep, "Suicide Angel":


This is probably my favorite song on that ep, "Broken Liquid":


"Falling Of The Drop":


"Love In The Time of Algorithms":


"The Object, Jealousy":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites