Monday, March 7, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands: Part 6: 94-93: Eurythmics & Tracy Chapman (Finished March 10th, 2016)

Hello,

Here are several of my favorite songs by the Eurythmics. Dave Stewart and Annie Lennox are themusicaddict's 94th Greatest Band of the 80's.

"Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)":


"There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)":


"Would I Lie To You":


"Here Comes The Rain Again":


"Missionary Man":


"Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves" (featuring the Queen Of Soul, Aretha Franklin):



"Who's That Girl":



"Love Is A Stranger":



"Power To The Meek":



I listened to a lot of the Eurythmics CDs. For their first 7 CDs they have a lot of great songs, but not a lot of great albums. However with their 8th CD "We Too Are One", the Eurythmics struck gold. Usually when most bands careers are winding down, the Eurythmics released their best CD.
The "We Two Are One" section:

"We Two Are One":



"(My My) Baby's Gonna Cry":



"Angel":



"Revival":



"King and Queen of America":



"Don't Ask Me Why":



"Precious":



"You Hurt Me (And I Hate You)":



And I know this is a solo Annie Lennox song, but I love me some "Walking On Broken Glass":


93) The folkie troubadour, Miss Tracy Chapman:

"Give Me One Reason":



"Smokes and Ashes":



"Bang Bang Bang":



"I Used To Be A Sailor":



"Telling Stories":



Now for the best songs from her amazing self-titled CD. She had a few good songs later, see above, but her debut CD is a classic. One of the 80's best CDs.

"Fast Car":



"Behind The Wall":



"Talkin' 'Bout A Revolution":



"Across The Lines":



I love this song so much. "Baby Can I Hold You":



"Why?":



"For My Lover":



"If Not Now":



"For You":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites