Thursday, March 31, 2016

themusicaddict's Presidential Pick: Bruce Springsteen For President: A Man That Really Speaks For The People

Hello,

This has been an even more tumultuous Presidential campaign season than usual. Donald Trump claims he speaks for the little guy, even mimicking the downtrodden in some of his speeches- like he understands us. Let's be honest here, the only person Trump speaks for is himself. He has no clue where I, or others like me, come from. My Daddy didn't leave me $1,000,000- also I'm not a huckster or fraud like The Donald. There's no way he can understand me or that I can understand him- I'm grateful that I don't understand his mindset.

I understand that people like to be swept up in a movement that makes it feel like they are part of something bigger. But the fact that people believe that Trump is actually going to force Mexico to build a wall to halt immigration. Come on people, think about that. If you do your research and still come to the conclusion that's feasible- then fine. But I think many people take Trump at his word. Remember to be careful what you wish for, because you might get it.

Anyway that's not what this blog is about. If we really want a Presidential candidate that actually represents the working man, I nominate The Boss, Mr. Bruce Springsteen. I hear you when you say how does a very rich rock star understand those of us who live from check to check- well he doesn't understand that struggle. But he has blue collar roots- he's faced trials, he's been divorced, he's had to fight his way to where he is now. He wasn't given anything, he fought long and hard for everything he has now.

Springsteen understanding the working man isn't an original thought on my part and I didn't think it was. I did some Googling and I stumbled across this great blog entry: http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-best-of-the-boss-bruce-springsteens-10-greatest-songs.html/?a=viewall

I recommend you read the whole blog, there's a lot of insightful information in it. I like especially what Jacqueline Sahagian writes about the song "The River"- which is one of The Boss' best and most honest songs. These ten songs are the ten songs mentioned in the blog above, just to give you a capsule view. But again I suggest you read the whole blog- great work and writing. She also includes all the videos.

10) "Born To Run"
9) "Born In The USA"
8) "The Rising"
7) "Badlands"
6) Thunder Road
5) Racing In The Street
4) "The River"
3) "Backstreets"
2) "Atlantic City"
1) "Darkness On The Edge of Town"- immediately in my head I hear Bruce stretches out "edge".

I'm going to think about some of these ideas and flesh them out and add a bunch videos for songs that support my thesis that Bruce Springsteen is a better Presidential candidate than many we sadly have running for us. After all Bruce is "Born To Run"- just ignore the fact that the song is nothing about running for political office.

The Top 10 list above is great and I have no arguments with it at all. I don't think I'm going to make a Top Ten list, just some songs that fit my theme. My only question about the above Top Ten is how did this song not make the list? "Shackled and Drawn":


"Shackled and Drawn": (live)


This song so perfectly captures why Bruce is a perfect spokesman for the working man, after hearing this it made me fall in love with this amazing song. "The River":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites