Friday, March 4, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands: Part 5: 97-95 (Finished March 7th, 2016)

Hello,

I originally listed the B-52's as my #98 Greatest 80's Band on my blog and then looked at my list of rankings. The B-52's are actually #96 on my rankings. Whoops. Honestly #96 still feels a bit low, but I already spent way so much time on this list.

97) Cher:

"Believe":



"Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)":



"After All (featuring Peter Cetera)":



"If I Could Turn Back Time":



"Heart of Stone":



"Give Our Love A Fightin' Chance":



"Just Like Jesse James":



Cher released three CD's in the 80's: 1987's "Cher", 1989's "Heart of Stone" and 1982's "I Paralyze". I had the first two CDs in my collection, but I had never heard of "I Paralyze" before today. All four of the below songs are on this CD.

"Walk With Me":



"Back On The Street Again":



"Say What's On Your Mind":



"When The Love Is Gone":



96)The B-52's:

"Private Idaho":



"Love Shack":



"Roam":



"Good Stuff":



"Party Out Of Bounds":



"Mesopotamia":



"Summer of Love":



"Rock Lobster" (Extended Version) (About 20 seconds of silence to start the video):



And my favorite B-52's song "Strobe Light":



For some reason has a bad reputation and many don't consider them a real rock band. I think that's crap. Queensryche might not be everyone's cup of tea- but who is?- but Queensryche simply rock.
95) Queensryche:

From 1984's "The Warning":
"Warning":



"Deliverance":



"NM 156":



From 1986's "Rage For Order":
"Walk In The Shadows":



"The Whisper":



"London":



 "Surgical Strike":



From 1988's "Operation: Mindcrime":
"Spreading The Disease":



"I Don't Believe In Love":



"Eyes of a Stranger":



"Breaking The Silence":



From 1990's "Empire":
"Jet City Woman":



"The Thin Line":



"Best I Can":



This song still rocks as much today as when I first heard it. "Empire":



"Silent Lucidity":



From 1993's "Last Action Hero" Soundtrack:
Queensryche featuring Michael Kamen: "Real World":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites