Monday, March 14, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands: Part 7: 92-91: Jackson Browne & Rod Stewart (Finished July 23rd, 2016)

Hello,

After listening to music from both Rod Stewart and Jackson Browne, I've decided to swap them in my rankings. Stewart has several more great songs and also more 80's hits. Clyde Jackson Browne was born October 9th, 1948. Here's my favorite of his 80's songs and a few other classics.

From 1980's "Hold Out":
"That Girl Could Sing":


"Boulevard":


From 1982's "Fast Times At Ridgemont High":
"Somebody's Baby":


From 1983's "Lawyers In Love":
"Lawyers In Love":


"Downtown":



Just a great, great song featuring the great line "You win, I win, we lose". I'm not sure that relationships are worth the effort. "Tender Is The Night":



"For A Rocker":


From 1986's "Lives In The Balance", the title track:



"For America":



"In The Shape Of A Heart":



"Lawless Avenues":


Classics:
"Doctor My Eyes":



"The Pretender":



"Running On Empty":



"Stay/The Load Out":



"The Rebel Jesus":


Rod Stewart had most of his biggest hits in the 70's, but he also had a lot of great songs in the 80's as well. The ageless Rod Stewart is now 71, may he have a few more hits in him. First up his songs that were big hits or became very popular in the 80's, then a selection of some of my other favorites of his songs.

"Tonight I'm Yours (Don't Hurt Me)":


"Just Like A Woman":


"Young Turks":


"Passion":


"Infatuation":


"Some Guys Have All The Luck":


"Love Touch":


"Forever Young":


"Downtown Train":


"Lost In You":



"My Heart Can't Tell Me No":



This song is pure joy: "Almost Illegal":



 The mostly pre-80s Stewart discography: "Reason To Believe":



"Maggie May":



"Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)":



"You're In My Heart":



"Hot Legs":



"Do Ya Think I'm Sexy":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites