Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Alice Cooper's "Constrictor" and "Vinyl" (Finished July 22, 2016)

Hello,

I wrote this blog on Wednesday, then last night I settled down for some TV. I watched the first two episodes of "Vinyl" and wanted to watch the next episode. Guess who shows up as a character in that episode, yep none other than Alice Cooper. Cooper, played by an actor obviously, showed up in all his snake, golfing, drinking and guillotine glory. In "Vinyl", set in 1973, Cooper had just come off a #1 album- which I'm guessing was "Billion Dollar Babies". He actually released two albums in 1973.

I've locked myself into a countdown of the Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands, but I know that the same topic gets boring quickly. It's boring for everyone involved. But one of the great things about writing these blogs is the ability to find music that may be overlooked or just plain forgotten. Before I select a bunch of songs to represent a band, I listen to a lot of their music. While listening to music for my #102 80's artist, Alice Cooper, I discovered his 1986 CD "Constrictor". His band at the time featured Kip Winger, lead singer for Winger, the "favorite" band of Beavis and Butthead. "Constrictor" is Cooper's 16th CD and it was released on September 22nd, 1986.

Here you go if you just want to listen to "Constrictor" straight through:


1) "Teenage Frankenstein":


2) "Give It Up":


3) "Thrill My Gorilla":


4) "Life and Death of the Party":


5) "Simple Disobedience":


6) "The World Needs Guts":


7) "Trick Bag":


8) "Crawlin'":


9) "The Great American Success Story":


10) "He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites