Saturday, April 9, 2016

Hidden Treasures and Overlooked Should Be Classic CDs: Union's Self-Titled Debut

Hello,

One of the most important things for me in any computer is for it to have as much storage space as possible. Why, because I like to put as much music on my computers as possible. And why do I like to do that? So that I can add as much music as possible to my computer. Since I rarely listen to radio this is the way I keep my ear on what's happening. The downside of that is that there's a lot of bad music that finds my way on to my hard drive. The upside of that is occasionally I discover great music, which is what happened the other day. I discovered a band called Union and their very good self-titled debut CD.

If you haven't heard of Union, don't feel bad. I hadn't heard of them either, even though their song has been on my hard drive for years now! Union was active from 1997 to 2002 and if a couple of their names sound familiar, well they should. John Corabi sang with Motley Crue in between the two stints of Vince Neil. For Union, Corabi played both guitar and sang vocals. Bruce Kulick is the other name that should ring several bells. He was in Kiss for several years and he's currently in Grand Funk Railroad- who yes is still around. Kulick also played guitars and sang vocals. Jamie Hunting, bassist and vocals,  played with Slash. Brent Fitz, drums and vocals, has played with David Lee Roth and Eddie Money.

Union made two other CDs. According to their Wikipedia page with all their busy schedules, they'll probably never make new music.

"Union" has 12 songs on it and 8 of those songs are great, here are those songs.
"Old Man Wise":


"Around Again":


"Pain Behind Your Eyes":


"Love (I Don't Need It Anymore)":


"Let It Flow":


"October Morning Wind":


"Tangerine":


"Oh Darling":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites