Monday, April 18, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 106 80's Bands Part 18: # 79 Tom Petty: Both With The Heartbreakers and Solo (Updated April 22nd, 2016)

Hello,

This blog features music by Tom Petty, both with the Heartbreakers and solo. However I won't have any thing for you Mudcrutch fans. Sorry. Thomas Earl Petty was born October 20th, 1950. He was born in Gainesville, Florida. According to Wikipedia meeting Elvis Presley at age 10 inspired him to chase the rock dream. Along with the Heartbreakers, he has recorded music with the lovely Stevie Nicks and The Traveling Wilburys. Petty had 4 CDs with the Heartbreakers, a solo CD and one CD with the Wilburys in the 80s. I have songs from many of the bands/musicians he has performed with.

I also like to feature the musicians in all bands referenced. The core group of the Heartbreakers: Petty of course, Mike Campbell, multi-instrumentalist, Howie Epstein, bass and vocals, Benmont Tench, bass and vocals, Stan Lynch, drums and percussion.

For the Traveling Wilburys- you may have heard of some of these people- George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison and Petty.

For some of the musicians I have included in my countdown I only have a handful of songs for on my iTunes. However for Petty I have 100 songs. So for the easiest task for me this blog will feature the 17 most played songs that Tom Petty participated in.

17) Traveling Wilburys' "Last Night":


16) Traveling Wilburys' "End Of The Line":


15) "King's Highway" (with the Heartbreakers):


14) "I Won't Back Down" (with the Heartbreakers):


13) "A Mind With A Heart of It's Own" (Yes, his middle name is Earl.):


12) "Alright For Now":


If this was a countdown of my favorite Petty songs, this song would be much higher. I love this song! 11) "Free Fallin'":


10) "Free Girl Now" (with the Heartbreakers):


9) "Louisiana Rain" (with the Heartbreakers):


8) "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" (with Stevie Nicks):


7) "Have Love Will Travel":


6) "Don't Come Around Here No More" (with the Heartbreakers):


5) "Even The Losers" (with the Heartbreakers):


4) "The Waiting" (with the Heartbreakers)":


3) "Echo" (with the Heartbreakers):


2) "Don't Do Me Like That" (with the Heartbreakers):


1) "Refugee" (with the Heartbreakers)":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites