Sunday, April 24, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 106 80's Bands Part 21a: # 76 Rush : The 11 Best Songs From Their First 3 80's CDs

Hello,

I realize that I have skipped my number 77 Greatest 80's musician, but I will get back to him soon- that's a hint! Not a very good hint, but still. The reason I'm skipping him for now is because I'm in the mood for some Rush. Rush seems to be one of those bands that you either love or loathe, which is something the band acknowledges. I don't fall in either one of those camps. I'm not a huge Rush fan but I do love a lot of their songs. I love a lot of their songs.

Rush The three main members of Rush over the years are Geddy Lee, vocals, Neil Peart, drummer and lyricist, and Alex Lifeson, guitars and vocals. Rush was formed in August, 1968. Peart replaced original drummer John Rutsey in July, 1974. Peart has also written some of rock's most enduring lyrics. Rush has released 20 CDs over the years from 1974's self-titled CD to 2012 "Clockwork Angels". I have 105 Rush songs on my iTunes. (Thanks to Wikipedia.org for the biographical info.)

1980's "Permanent Waves" was released in 1980 and has 6 songs.
"Spirit of Radio" (with a "Paint It Black" tag):


"Freewill":


"Jacob's Ladder":


"Natural Science":


1981's "Moving Pictures" was released in 1981 and has 7 songs:
"Tom Sawyer":


"Red Barchetta":


"YYZ":


"Limelight":


1982's "Signals" was released in 1982 and has 8 songs:
"Subdivisions":


"The Analog Kid":


"New World Man":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites