Sunday, April 10, 2016

Songs On themusicaddict's Radar April 10th, 2016 (Finished April 11th, 2016)

Hello,

I'll be going back to my countdown of the Top 106 80's musicians soon, up next is #82. No hints and I'm not going to give it away.

I haven't done one of these in awhile, this is the best I could find for posting this video. This is Jack Antonoff's fictional band Baby Goya and the Nuclear Winters. The name of the song is "Dance Rascal Dance:
Dance Rascal Dance - #HelloMyNameisDorisGet a sneak peek of #HelloMyNameisDoris in this video featuring Jack Antonoff’s song - “Dance Rascal Dance.” #SallyField has some serious dance skills!
Posted by Hello, My Name Is Doris on Saturday, March 19, 2016
I haven't had the chance to see this and I don't know that I ever will. However that doesn't prevent me from enjoying the great music from this musical. From the "Hamilton" Broadway soundtrack, this is "The World Was Wide Enough":


Walter Egan's "Magnet and Steel":


Rage Against The Machine's "Street Fighting Man":


Andy Caldwell, featuring Angela McCluskey, "We Are The Future":


Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield":


My childhood in song: Mark Wills' "Nineteen Somethin":


I discovered this song from picking up the latest edition of Classic Rock magazine, the one with Axl on the cover. This song and a lot of other good songs are on the accompanying CD. Big Boy Bloater and the Limits'  "Robot Girlfriend":


One of Erasure's lesser known, but better, songs. Erasure's "Phantom Bride":


Slash, featuring Adam Levine, "Gotten" (good song although the song title irritates my inner grammar nazi):



Sade's "Soldier Of Love":



I read an interview with her in a recent Rolling Stone and they were asking her about "New Americana" which is a perfectly decent song. However Halsey has several songs that are better on that CD, here are a couple.
"Colors":



"Hurricane":



Up next a couple of classics back from the New Wave era, this first song is in heavy rotation on my iPod. Heaven 17's (We Don't Need) This Fascist Groove Thing":



Siouxsie and the Banshees' "Peek A Boo":



Whatever happened to that dude that originally sang this song, not a big surprise he was a one hit wonder. Well that was one more hit than I had. Mayday Parade's "Somebody That I Used To Know":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites