Monday, March 13, 2017

(Updated and Finished December 20th, 2019) Flashback: October 5, 1985: The Legends and One Hit Wonders (Part 3: The Top Ten)

Hello,

 Here's the rest of the Top 10 songs in America on October 5th, 1985:

One of the greatest and most talented musicians of all time, coming soon on the Top 106 Greatest 80's musicians. 10) Stevie Wonder "Part Time Lover" (heading up):


The song is less than the sum of it's parts. 9) Mick Jagger and David Bowie "Dancing In The Street" (heading up):



On my Top 106 Greatest 80's musicians Mellencamp is my # 78 greatest 80's musician. 8) John Mellencamp "Lonely Ol' Night" (heading up):



George Michael went on to super stardom, whatever happened to Andrew Ridgley? 7) Wham "Freedom" (heading down):



The next two musicians are both in the top ten of themusicaddict's 106 Greatest 80's musicians of all-time. Listen to that voice! Truly one of the greatest voices of all-time. Too bad she lost the battle to drugs and sanity. Whitney Houston "Saving All My Love For You" (heading up):



I can't wait until I write about her again when I get to her on my Top 106 countdown. I've always loved Madonna, I still haven't quite forgiven her for marrying Sean Penn. 5) Madonna "Dress You Up" (heading up):



Perhaps the greatest video ever. 4) a-ha "Take On Me" (going up):



Yet another one of the funky/black music/ soul artist of the 80s who had one big hit and then seemed to completely disappear forever. 3) Ready For The World "Oh Sheila" (going up):



This isn't my favorite Kool and the Gang song. I prefer "Too Hot", "Ladies Night", "Celebration", "Get Down On It" and "Fresh". "Cherish" is a bit too sappy for me. 2) Kool and The Gang "Cherish" (same):



Featuring Sting on back up vocals!! 1) Dire Straits "Money For Nothing" (same):


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites