Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Greatest 80's Bands of All-Time Addendum: Aerosmith Part 3 (Finished April 5th, 2017)

Hello,

When I revise and release my updated 80's bands list when this series of blogs is done, Aerosmith will definitely be on the countdown. They'll be somewhere between the 40s to 60s I would guess. The so-called "Bad Boys From Boston" have released 15 albums of original music. Again they have a lot of great songs, in other words I can't pick one of their CDs that is a classic. They have a few good CDs, but they don't have a next echelon "Ziggy Stardust" type of CD. Although I do like their 3 CDs that make up the foundation of this blog, I'm especially a big fan of "Permanent Vacation".

If I had one wish is that I wish I could be as cool as Steven Tyler thinks he is, he seems like a complete and utter d bag to me. I could be wrong, it's happened before.

The core of the band has been pretty solid since 1970:

  • Steven Tyler – lead vocals, harmonica, keyboards, percussion (1970–present)
  • Joe Perry – guitar, backing vocals (1970–1979, 1984–present)
  • Tom Hamilton – bass (1970–present)
  • Joey Kramer – drums, percussion (1970–present)
  • Brad Whitford – guitar (1971–1981, 1984–present)

Other than when Perry and Whitford left the band in the early 80's, Aerosmith has had the same lineup pretty much since 1970


It took me longer to post Aerosmith's Top Ten 80's era songs, hopefully I'll have what it takes. I don't want to be cryin' or going to a hangman jury. I hate livin on the edge.


10) "What It Takes":


9) "Permanent Vacation":


8) "Cryin":


7) "Heart's Done Time":


6) "Magic Touch":


5) "Amazing":


4) "Livin' On The Edge":


3) "The Other Side":


2) "Angel":


1) "Hangman Jury":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites