Monday, March 13, 2017

(Updated and Finished December 20th, 2019) Flashback: October 5, 1985: The Legends and One Hit Wonders (Part 2)

Hello,

This is part 2 of of October 5th, 1985's Billboard Top 100, the legends and one hit wonders. I started off Part 1 of these blogs with a novelty song. I'm starting off part 2 with another novelty song. I wish I could say I did that on purpose, but if I did I'd be lying. We already have enough lying in the world, looking at you Donald Trump.

This song is extremely topical with the advent of the Trump Presidency. 54) Cheech "Born In East L.A." (heading up):


Another one of the greatest ballads of all time, Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin's "Separate Lives" (Debut):



44) OMD "So In Love" (heading up):


36) Freddie Jackson "You Are My Lady" (heading up):


32) Glenn Frey "You Belong To The City" (heading up):


Is this the greatest summer song ever? 26) Huey Lewis and the News "The Power of Love" (heading down):


23) Night Ranger "Four In The Morning (I Can't Take It Anymore)" (heading up):



Coming up in a few musicians on the Top 106 Greatest 80's musicians. 19) Loverboy "Lovin' Every Minute of It" (heading up):


Of all the great Pointer Sisters songs, this is a song that gets forgotten a bit. But it's just as good as "I'm So Excited". The Pointer Sisters are my # 102 Greatest 80's musicians. 17) The Pointer Sisters "Dare Me" (heading down):


Just as good solo as he was with The Police. 12) Sting "Fortress Around Your Heart" (heading up):


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites